Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 RS CS RHD sells for £281k, 993 RS LHD sells for £214k

ms2015

The spec and mileage on this 1 of 7 RHD 993 RS CS sold at Goodwood a few days ago reminds me of the Dove House car that was up at £395k (i think £425k at one stage) i am just wondering is it the same car? if it is then at £281k that seems to be a reasonable discount to the original asking price

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23593/lot/275/

and the spec of this lhd 993 RS reminds me of the car that was for sale at Graypaul for i think £230k or so

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23593/lot/261/

scanning through the results it looks like a lot of units didn't sell at all, quite possibly just a case of unfortunate timing for Bonhams with their auction just hours after the Brexit result - it may have meant a few would-be buyers sat on their hands?

most of the vehicles with a porsche badge seemed to shift though.

Yes you're correct they are those two cars.

Who knows their reasonings? Guess felt they had the best/easiest chance of getting the most for it at a high profile auction (maybe having been for sale for quite a long while previously played a part?). Unfortunate timing with the vote result on friday must have had a baring and guess with it being a RHD, although very rare, has limited appeal on the continent?

Hammer price would be £250k before buyer fees, I dont think the £281k includes VAT. Seller would also have fees to pay out of the £250k.

ras62 said:
Hammer price would be £250k before buyer fees, I dont think the £281k includes VAT. Seller would also have fees to pay out of the £250k.

I don't think VAT is added on to the hammer price but buyers fees are + VAT so the hammer price was probably about £245k.

After sellers fees I suspect the owner cleared about £215k.

i guess i am just struggling with the concept that if we are saying the seller accepted £215k net (lets say he has a friendly relationship with the auctioneer and maybe has a lower commission so lets say he takes home nearer to £230-240k) that why not try dropping the price incrementally via your own showroom first?

i just wonder if someone had £250-275k to spend on a car but didnt even bother calling him because it was advertised at £395k or so.

Anyway as you say a very limited market for an RSR, but are we saying based on these transactions that a RHS standard RS is actually worth more than a RHD RSR ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back