Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

VW Group 'to cull more than 40 car ranges'

isysman

Daytona
The Volkswagen Group is planning to trim more than 40 model ranges from the 340 separate lines it sells today across the group, according to media reports in Germany...

No word on which models face the chop. The cuts would come across the group, according to Handelsblatt, including ranges in Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Audi and other group satellite companies...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-ne...re-than-40-car-ranges-in-radical-reinvention/

far too many niches across all the models

although not enough with Porsche!

Need an extended Cayenne with an extra row of seats in GTS spec

That'll teach them for cheating. This will go on for many years, any cash they'd got for R&D and expansion, will now be ploughed into paying fines around the world, and compensating customers for lying about their emissions. They may not be so arrogant in the future.
That said, there's not a single modern VW group product I'd consider buying, even the new 911's are not floating my boat.
It'll be even worse when we exit the EU,and Germany will have to single handedly have to bail out all the other basket case economies in the EU. The shyte is yet to hit the fan. :thumb:

I just hope they don't cut any Porsche models.

All the companies cheat on these figures. Has anyone ever bought a car that has done the MPG figures touted? They're all bollix.

When the BMW i8 came out BMW said it would do 130mpg but owner's complained they were only getting 32mpg. How can they get away with that?

isysman said:
When the BMW i8 came out BMW said it would do 130mpg but owner's complained they were only getting 32mpg. How can they get away with that?

They get away with it because no matter what they do, the motoring press have essentially sold their souls to the car companies and will continue to be their biggest single free PR machine. The journos have too much vested in maintaining close subordinate relations with the car companies. Advertising is huge but access to new cars, road tests, news, everything, is all dependent on being good boys and playing the game. It's been like that probably since the early 90's.

At governmental level, its suits the Germans are happy to drive the new tech/false reality. Other markets depending on the Germans (Britain, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic etc) need to play ball. The motor industry fuel efficiency story has been a mirror of the similar drugs in sport story. Claims, counter claims, clearly improbable results, hidden findings, state cover ups, you name it.

We're basically dependent on the no nonsense good old boys in America to stop the rot, do some mpg tests themselves and continue to nail the European Car makers as the liars and fraudsters that they are.

I blame the EU.............................................. :whistle:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back