Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Itch, help! (Now Scratched!)

Working :thumb: ...
I have until 30th June to change from live email to outlook but its a pain as i have windows 7 so looking like a new windows 10 computer may be on the cards .

Keith(J)

The last new drive I saw like that there was an elevator underneath it and a Lambo used to appear from underground.....reg number N1GEL.

Which of the three Porsche's are you bringing to Lotherton Hall? The sunny day one, the rainy day one or the spare? I'm not jealous at all, honest.

I'm currently in Elterwater in the Lakes and haven't been out for a run for over a week.....I have the itch, but not as expensive as yours :grin:
Can't wait to get home...I'll see you and the lads on July 3rd.

John H.

Hi John,

There was a story from a builder that a 1930's Austin 7 chassis was burried under my drive but no chance of a Lambo being down there.

A lesson in man maths would demonstrate the financial common sense of owning 3 Porsche classic cars.

The 944 turbo is legally mine but I feel that I have already abdicated the ownership role of that car to Gmund Cars. As it is a thick wall block car with forged internals from the homologation year by Porsche, I'm hoping someone with the knowledge of just how good these cars are will see the future potential of this well sorted example. It has certainly had a lot of my hard earned dosh spent on it.

So, I feel as if I 'only' have 2 Porsche classic cars. Now that is perfectly normal. Isn't it?

Hope the weather is good for you in the Lake District. I'm taking the 3.2 to Lotherton.

Hi Keith,

I'm running Windows Vista and realise that my laptop will not go on for much longer. Getting a new laptop is not as pleasant as getting a new car, the prospect makes me feel nervous. Fear of the unknown?

Cheers, Keith.

Hi all,

I did not expect to be so impressed with my 'new' car as I have been.

The search had been on for many months and even once the purchase was completed, it took me three months and over £7k to get my garage ready before I could take delivery.

I have had a handful of short drives since collecting the car and each drive has left me amazed at the engineering and performance of the GT3. Every aspect of driving the car is astoundingly impressive. Yes, I did a few GT3 test drives before I decided to buy this particular car. None of those test drives were really pushing the performance so it is almost only now that I have had a chance of discovering the real 996 GT3.

The acceleration, gear changes, roadholding, steering response, braking efficiency, the raw feedback of no electronic 'toys', the noise, the suspension (on soft (road) setting), the bucket seats, everything is just so good! Never before have I been so impressed with the performance of any other car I have ever owned.

I think I can now understand why GT3 owners are so enthusiastic about the performance of their cars. I have been priveledged to have had a short drive in a GT2 and think the GT3 is a purer 'less steroids' package with the right performance for me personally (maybe I'm biased).

So, having been scrupulous in my search for the right car, I virtually doubled the amount I had originally budgeted (there's man maths for you) and then found I needed to re-arrange half my house to make sure the garage was up to standard before taking delivery. The drive home was over 350 miles which was in itself an impressive way of 'getting to know' some of the car. Once home, driving around some more familiar routes has without doubt allowed me to feel more comfortable about pushing the car just that bit further.

I am really suprised at the fact that I am so impressed with how rewarding the car actually is. It's blooming fantastic! Much better than I had expected.

Now that is just unexpectantly great! I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Cheers, Keith.

Keith

Just to say thanks for a great evening last Wednesday and a ride out in the car. Your words describe it well. It has nothing which disguises what is going on, just a lovely mechanical feel, solid and very smooth, with a soundtrack to match.

The other aspect that you do not mention is its condition. It is spotless and unmarked, especially underneath. Not concourse perhaps, but with a patina of age that sets it out as a car that has been very carefully treated over the years, and totally original.

Miles of enjoyment to come.

John

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back