Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

After Market alloys?

SciroccoR

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience fitting after market alloys to their Cayman/boxster?

A lot of caymans I am looking at seem to have the 18 inch star wheels. I'm not a big fan of them they don't fill the arch enough for me.

Ive new looking at after market options. I've looked at design911 (linked from this forum) who seem to sell cheaper replicas of official Porsche wheels.

I've also looked at Oz wheels. I really like the look of the Leggara HLT.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these options? Are they good quality in terms of how they look and durability?

I guess it will reduce the re-sale value of the car slightly over official wheels.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Cheers

Greg

It depends on the aftermarket rim. A friend of mine ran a Boxster and bent two OEM rims, both of which were replaced by the OPC, but what a pain in the arse. I wouldn't touch copies or replicas, as they're likely to be even heavier and worse quality than OEM. On the other hand, I would be very happy to see a set of OZ Racing rims on a Porsche, as they're strong and light.

I'll give you an example: I spun off a track once, damaged suspension arms and all sorts, and the OZ Superturismos were straight and true. Once they'd got all the grit out, they didn't even need rebalancing. I've got my eye on a set of Allegeritas for my Carrera.

If you're worried about resale values, just buy the car and stash the rims. Then refit them when it comes time to move on. And in the meantime, run something lighter and better looking.

I run Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels on my CR for winter. No issues.

They'll actually be up for sale should my CR sale go through.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back