Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Door Pocket Repair

Georgestamos

Hello all,
My door pockets are suffering from a common problem whereby they have become 'unfixed' from the plastic frame.
It bothers me as it looks untidy, the shadow gap junction between pocket and door pull looks excessive and uneven, and I can't rest my arm on it when my back is playing up!

I've sourced a replacement original bracket but at £75 a pair is a bit steep and requires stripping out and making good.

I have read somewhere that 3d printed brackets have been produced which offer a quick fix solution which braces up the fixing and closes the gap but I'm not sure where to source them, although I've attached an image from an old Reenlist thread.
Can anyone help?

Attachments

• broken_pocket_157.jpg
    broken_pocket_157.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 3,745
  • broken_pocket2_119.jpg
    broken_pocket2_119.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 3,745
  • resin_pocket_repair_516.jpg
    resin_pocket_repair_516.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 3,745
Well as a follow up, I've tracked down a guy from the states who goes by the name Neffets over on Rennlist website- he 3D prints resin plates which are designed to perfectly slot in front of the existing weak plastic bracket and blend into place, I think he charges $10 for the pair (as per my image above).
If anyone's interested I can get hold of his direct email address & organise for him to make his product available to this forum?
He also makes them for older & newer models.

Georgestamos said:
Well as a follow up, I've tracked down a guy from the states who goes by the name Neffets over on Rennlist website- he 3D prints resin plates which are designed to perfectly slot in front of the existing weak plastic bracket and blend into place, I think he charges $10 for the pair (as per my image above).
If anyone's interested I can get hold of his direct email address & organise for him to make his product available to this forum?
He also makes them for older & newer models.

He is actually Norwegian, so a bit closer to home :)

I used his plate to fix the door pocket on my -93 964. Perfect fit. Highly recommended. The price was a bit higher if I recall, but still very reasonable.

Ah his name is Steffen, I suppose the name was a giveaway about his origins!
Thanks. Waiting for mine in the post.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back