Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Painted Centre Console

Ben-987

Hi all,

Looking for some advice/ experience around getting my centre console painted. Ideally looking to have it painted piano/basalt black to give the cars interior a bit of a lift.

I can see a few threads from last year around this but nothing recent.

Is anyone able to share any pics of the finished version if you have had it done and can anyone recommend a good company to use?

Thanks
:thumb:

i'v e done it to a lot of my cars
not too difficult to take the centre console out,
Just google short shift fitting instructions and it'll show you how
then take the console to a local bodyshop, you should change from £200
tools wise you will need is a Torq 20 &10 screwdrivers

tip
get some bank coin bags and label each bag as to where the screw come out as they are very similar but different
i.e.
side pods,
around the gear lever horse shoe
2 down the far end of the console
3 under the universal audiolnk
3 running down the length of the console, i take out then screw back into the panel underneath
when you take off the centre cubby box lid, why not send to linus and have the Porsche crested lid fitted by him ( design LS many members have used him)

lots of ideas here Ben, and as Mark says Designls for any retrimming

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=103551

I am just looking at the centre console myself and am going acid green with black alcantara armrest tip surround and handbreak rear front is steel. after encouragement from forum members as I was at piano black as you.
:grin: :thumb:

Gents,

Thanks for the replies.

Had seen some of the work by Linus on here before - my car has extended leather so am thinking the console lid would definitely make a nice edition.

Had some work done on my car at Porsche Cambridge not so long ago - one of the caymans there had a black painted console, absolutely loved it and when I got back in mine made it looked really dated.

I have taken the console out once before to replace a broken cigarette lighter so should be ok removing it again.

£200 seems reasonable, the issue I have is that I don't know a good body shop that I would trust to do the work. I know a local guy who has done bits for the family before but not interior work.

Has anyone got any experience with any body shops that have done his type of thing that you could recommend?

Thanks

If you can't find someone local
Wrap it in bubble wrap and courier it to mine
Go to interparcel.co.uk and get a quote probably £15,eachway
If I ve used them for 27 years you should be ok with the work

Mark,

Might take you up on that.

I will send you an email,

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members