Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a GT3 from an OPC - any war stories/ advice?

Fat_Man

Hi folks, hope this is in the right section. Im at that stage where i have the GT car itch. I love the 991, but its still a bit too....comfortable and I'm after something a bit more hard edge thats also NA. I've been into the local OPC enquiring about the (seemingly remote) possibility of getting a 991.2 GT3. Sat through the usual stuff about "oh car isn't confirmed to go into production, might not happen" etc etc. Anyway, Ive only had two cars from them, both from new, and they were on about needing to have at least five before you are "allowed" to part with 6 figures for a GT3. Is this true? Have others had any experience with this?

I understand a lot of people see them as a money making opportunity, and can see why they'd probe to ascertain your seriousness, but for those of us who actually want them to drive is there any hope? Ive been keeping an eye on the 991 GT3s and very few appear to have the clubsport kit specced which seems odd, given their intended purpose. Even so, they are all up for well above mrsp and they don't seem to be selling. Id want low milage/new as id be planning on keeping for many years. How much would be classed as stupid money for a second hand one with roll cage and buckets?

Any advice/input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back