Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Folding Bike

GT4 said:
AFAIK all 997 frunks are the same size (excluding optional equipment)

I thought 4WD versions had smaller frunks (and GTS 2s as they shared same internals for some reason). Don't think it would fit in my 997 GTS. I have a Brompton at work but if car and bike coincide I'll try it.

You may not believe this, but I answered your last question before your asked it!

Pretzel said:
My Brompton fits in the 993.

Where are you located?
I'm near Goodwood...

Thanks for all the replies, it looks like it will fit (if the PH thread is anything to go buy) but it will be a pain undoing the handlebars twice a day....

With the wheels off, the back seats will fit a full suspension downhill mountain bike... although I have to drop the cab roof to lower it in :grin:

basildon993 said:
resigner said:
basildon993 said:
The boot volume of the 997 is 105l, the boot volume of a 996 is 100l. Why don't you just try it? But be very careful closing the bonnet!!!

He probably doesn't have the bike yet, hence the question......

Might need to borrow one then!

I have a Brompton and a 996 and am pretty sure that they do not fit in a 996 (GT3) as I was going to drop the car off and cycle into town whilst it was being serviced. I also looked at popping it on the front seat - also no go. Maybe without roll cage you can slide the seat further forward.

I am in Kent. Feel free to drop by en route to London.

Obviously if you are going to dismantle a folding bike it will fit but that is not really the point is it? :roll:

Best of luck

Pip

On 4s - no way

Attachments

• image_852.jpeg
    image_852.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 2,233
Thanks for the pic Buster, looks pretty certain it won't fit :(
Thanks for all the replies, looks like I need a plan B or just kee using the tube.

I sometimes take a Strida folding bike out with me in the 993.

Its an odd looking A-frame thing that folds up with the frame tubes all together and the wheels side by side at one end. Thus slips easily into the passenger seat footwell / resting up against the seat.

The ones with disc brakes are best, IMHO, rather than the earlier versions.

Does it have to fit in the boot? Couldn't you just fold the back seats down and then put a seat belt around it to hold it secure?

basildon993 said:
Does it have to fit in the boot? Couldn't you just fold the back seats down and then put a seat belt around it to hold it secure?
Has tone in the boot, I've got 2 child seats in the back and hardback sports seats which I don't want to scratch.
I'll take a look at the strida bikes

We've got the C4 with the smaller frunk and 2 bromptons at home, and S and an L (longer handlebars), neither fit because the issue really is insufficient height.

You might fit one in the back behind the passenger seat if moved forward / perhaps tilted forward.

Currently driving to the station in a 997.2 C2 with 2018 Brompton (no difference to 2019 model) in the frunk. No need to take the bike apart! The lid will close with a firm push. I'll take some pics in the morning :thumb:

Ta da! Works on a C2 anyway.

Attachments

• 31109c50_b23a_4c3b_9b8b_38ea527fcd51_130.jpeg
    31109c50_b23a_4c3b_9b8b_38ea527fcd51_130.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,236
  • 884af7e0_945c_465c_9d7e_168b2b1baa9f_574.jpeg
    884af7e0_945c_465c_9d7e_168b2b1baa9f_574.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 1,236

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members