Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Discovery thumped in car park again WTF

mzmini

Went to work I my Disco today I park so one side and the rear are protected by a wall ,walking back to it after work I see white paint all over the front bumper ,number plate and under tray and of course fecked off ,having just paid £300 to have the bonnet put right after some w????r had smashed into it I was really cheesed off so thought I would take the Porsche out to alleviate some off my rage the bl??dy birds had left calling cards all over that :sad:

So frustrating, I feel for you. I had a door ding, rear bumper scuff and broken front number plate so far this year. The cars staying in the garage from now on and only out for the occasional polish!

I was waiting outside m&s the other lunchtime and couldn't believe how many poor drivers there were in such a short space of time struggling in and out of bays. Shocking. I dont understand why parking in a bay or a multistory is not part of the driving test.

Several things going on here.

1/ Cars are getting bigger and bigger
2/ Car park spaces are not
3/ There's less room to manoeuvre in and out of spaces
4/ More cars have automated everything, (gearboxes,parking sensors,lights,wipers, windows, sat navs, and other distracting gizmo's. These allow drivers to be in numpty mode every time they drive anywhere,as they don't have to think about operating their vehicle.
5/ The end result of this is careless,lazy, and moreover selfish drivers.

Not sure what the cure is, but the lack of care and respect for other folk's property is nothing short of scandalous.

Have you considered getting a dash cam?
I know the horse has already bolted and all that but...

I considered this but ended up with a go pro - which will only really help in collision as It doesnt have enough back up to leave in a car park all day - but I didnt want anything hard wired into the car.

I may get a cheap dash cam for my Range Rover though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back