Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Folding Bike

No I do not think it will. Maybe in a 991 but it would not go into a 996 GT3. I would imagine a 997 is similar in size.

Pip

The boot volume of the 997 is 105l, the boot volume of a 996 is 100l. Why don't you just try it? But be very careful closing the bonnet!!!

basildon993 said:
The boot volume of the 997 is 105l, the boot volume of a 996 is 100l. Why don't you just try it? But be very careful closing the bonnet!!!

He probably doesn't have the bike yet, hence the question......

resigner said:
basildon993 said:

He probably doesn't have the bike yet, hence the question......

Might need to borrow one then!

Thanks for the replies. I don't have one and was considering one if it can fit in the frunk, if not there's not point. I would borrow one to see if it fits, but I don't know anyone who has one and was hoping there would be an owner on here...if any of you knows anybody who has one that you can borrow to see if it fits in a C2S that would be great :)
Thanks
Steve

Get an early 996 Carrera.

No fake floor hiding spare tyre or AWD/ESP gubbins on the bulkhead end.

(you will need to remove the skinny spare that sits vertically)

OR

Get a 996/997 Targa (or "Hatch") :thumb:

GT4 said:
Get an early 996 Carrera.

No fake floor hiding spare tyre or AWD/ESP gubbins on the bulkhead end.

(you will need to remove the skinny spare that sits vertically)

OR

Get a 996/997 Targa (or "Hatch") :thumb:
No awd or spare for me, just need someone to test fit for me :)

... I didn't say the 997, unfortunately.

Both versions have that plastic cladding and mini glove-box affair hiding the bulkhead.

My Brompton fits in the 993.

Where are you located?

stressballsteve said:
Hi all,
Quick question, does anyone know if a Brompton will fit in the frunk?

Thanks
Steve

Steve it seems the answer is Yes according to this thread on the very subject

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1306533

They talk about scratching the frunk lid I would suggest you get a lid liner from das child in the states, then no risk of scratches or dents

http://lidliner.myshopify.com/collections/porsche-lid-liners

I have one and they are well made and do the job of protecting the bonnet very well . :thumb: :grin: not the best photo of it and I had mine carbon dipped but is gives you an idea

Attachments

• car22_155.jpg
    car22_155.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 8,696
I just tried mine in 997 turbo .... doesn't fit but there may fit better in a C2S though as there is more room in it ..

Terry

AFAIK all 997 frunks are the same size (excluding optional equipment)

GT4 said:
AFAIK all 997 frunks are the same size (excluding optional equipment)

I thought 4WD versions had smaller frunks (and GTS 2s as they shared same internals for some reason). Don't think it would fit in my 997 GTS. I have a Brompton at work but if car and bike coincide I'll try it.

It's not that there is an AWD system in there or even the shared structure or not, but that only one set of frunk plastic cladding is made and fitted (ie 2WD just has more wasted space behind it)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back