Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice on Selling Privately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told by my bank the only safe way is an electronic transfer, which is what I did the last car I sold. You can contact your bank to make sure the money has been received, before you hand over keys etc.

Also, if you live in a village or small town, don't take pictures of your car near your home. I did that for an MGB I sold and a guy took the photo in the ad, saw my village name, and drove round until he saw my house :eek:. I had an unexpected knock at the door - he was a nice guy, but some are not!

I have always asked for proof of cleared funds in a bank account by way of statement or pass book along with a utility bill, driving licence and passport before taking matters further as this will help flush out genuine buyers.

Ashley

Some great advice on this thread :thumb:

With the new fast payment system (which has replaced BACs I think), payments are generally instant plus there is no way for the transfer to be recalled or cancelled, once it hits your account its not going anywhere.

When I sold my cayman a few years back, the guy came over, saw the car, we went out for a drive, he gave me a holding deposit and came back 2 days later. We went to a local bank branch, he did the transfer, by the time we got back to mine to complete the paperwork the money was already cleared in my account.

I have closed this old thread to further postings although it will remain on the forum for search/reference purposes.

Admin and moderators have found recently that old threads resurrected in this way often lead to spam links being added by edit at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back