Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 and I

belated welcome KJD, you will soon wonder why you didn't buy one years ago!

Looks a stunning example you have so enjoy it :)

seeforez said:
belated welcome KJD, you will soon wonder why you didn't buy one years ago!

Looks a stunning example you have so enjoy it :)

Thanks, I started looking at 996's over a year ago and suffered a little budget creep to get where I am now
:grin:

I'm really pleased that in the end I ended up in a very nice 997 2s.

look at the nuts on that !!

Attachments

• 047_892.jpg
    047_892.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 6,816
KJD said:
Mine just had a major at RSR, new coil packs, belt, plugs the works etc :D
Fair play they went right through it and did everything that needed doing.

Are you going to carry on with RSR in the future?

Richard will have done a fantastic job. After having had a not so great experience elsewhere (work was good but massively expensive) i won't be going anywhere else.

Benjs said:
KJD said:
Mine just had a major at RSR, new coil packs, belt, plugs the works etc :D
Fair play they went right through it and did everything that needed doing.

Are you going to carry on with RSR in the future?

Richard will have done a fantastic job. After having had a not so great experience elsewhere (work was good but massively expensive) i won't be going anywhere else.

Always good to find these little gems.
ADW spoke highly of them so I'll be considering them even though 80 miles away.
We have a very good Indy in Cardiff also reputed to be very good but RSR have have a foot in the door having just done the major.

God I love this car, just back from a 40mile round trip and you just don't want it to end. :worship:

My first problem, I've been away for a few days in Normandy on the bike and tried to start the car on my return and it was not having any of it :nooo:
Put the C Tec on for the day and still no joy by late afternoon battery not holding sufficient charge so rang the dealer ADW Automotive and they purchased me a new Bosh S4 battery from Euro car parts for immediate collection.
Within the hour it was collected, fitted and the car back to life :grin:
ADW even ran through the fitting process, key in ignition stop the alarm going off, turn steering wheel left to right etc to turn off the PSM warning lights and reset the Windows, stuff I'd not of known about.

As it was a lovely evening I then went for a spin, it's just pure joy to be behind the wheel and the more I drive it the more I love it.

Can't stop grinning

:D

KJD said:
My first problem, I've been away for a few days in Normandy on the bike and tried to start the car on my return and it was not having any of it :nooo:
Put the C Tec on for the day and still no joy by late afternoon battery not holding sufficient charge so rang the dealer ADW Automotive and they purchased me a new Bosh S4 battery from Euro car parts for immediate collection.
Within the hour it was collected, fitted and the car back to life :grin:
ADW even ran through the fitting process, key in ignition stop the alarm going off, turn steering wheel left to right etc to turn off the PSM warning lights and reset the Windows, stuff I'd not of known about.

As it was a lovely evening I then went for a spin, it's just pure joy to be behind the wheel and the more I drive it the more I love it.

Can't stop grinning

:D

Great to hear stories with good outcomes, especially when it end in going for a big grin drive :grin: :thumb:

Thank you both, big grin drives and enthusiastic sums up my short ownership perfectly and I hope it continues for a very long time :thumb:

Attended the annual South Wales Historic & bonnets up meet at Clytha Arms near Raglan this evening.
A nice turn out of sports, race and rally cars of all ages and a really friendly sociable bunch :thumb:
As I was the only Porsche I did my best to represent the brand.

I read somewhere on tinternet that from 996 on the tool kit includes a wheel fitting alignment tool. I looked for mine and could not find it or the space for it in the tool kit holder so came to the conclusion that as the car never came with either a jack or wheel brace it was unlikely to come with the alignment tool either :?:
Anyway it seemed like a good idea to source one as the wheels and tyres must be quite heavy and anything that makes life easier and saves your back can't be a bad thing.
A quick search and managed to find one for £6.99 so placed the order and it arrived today.
A simple thing but very effective :mechanic:

KJD said:
I read somewhere on tinternet that from 996 on the tool kit includes a wheel fitting alignment tool. I looked for mine and could not find it or the space for it in the tool kit holder so came to the conclusion that as the car never came with either a jack or wheel brace it was unlikely to come with the alignment tool either :?:
Anyway it seemed like a good idea to source one as the wheels and tyres must be quite heavy and anything that makes life easier and saves your back can't be a bad thing.
A quick search and managed to find one for £6.99 so placed the order and it arrived today.
A simple thing but very effective :mechanic:

Much easier if you use two of them! :grin:

I'll give it a try as I can easily order another if I need one. :thumb:

Collecting more tools. :)
My polyurethane low level jacking pads came today
which I'm sure you are all aware of.
Although simple these will have some use so a useful addition to my tool kit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back