Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior Dillema...

6appeal

Decisions Decisions... 99% of 911's I've seen have a black interior, I've had a few cars with Black, had a few with white. Want something different, but i don't personally like the red or beige.

So I've honed it down to a shortlist of three:

- Graphite Blue / Crayon (my current favourite, the only issue I have is the perforations on the seats are quite a high proportion so you see a lot of shadow black spots on the seat, would prefer to be able to omit the perforations)

- Black (safe option)

- Graphite Blue (I really liked the blue when i saw it in the flesh on Friday, might be brave and go full blue, it was quite subtle as its practically black)

Have to decide by end of the month.

Attachments

• img_5163_195.jpg
    img_5163_195.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 9,960
  • img_5165_354.jpg
    img_5165_354.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 9,960
  • img_5166_864.jpg
    img_5166_864.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 9,960
it depends on what seats you have got ?

Blue Interiors not so popular at resale

Luxor Beige on black ?

2014_porsche_911_991_targa_4_4s_interior_dash.jpg

It's a personal decision and one which could ultimately have an effect come resale retail. Black is a safe colour, hides most natural colouring from general dirt and blue denim coming off and sits well with buyers. Red, blue beige, they're your taste colours, you'll probably enjoy the colour but the trade off could be resale price and obviously a narrower market of future buyers again depending on colour of choice.

Colour & styling are always going to be first on most people's list because it's what they see and live with. Optional extras...well it's not going to make or break every deal as it says on the tin some optional extras can be retrofitted.

Cheers all... I've had white/beige last three cars... I quite like the lighter interior, but fancy a change. Had black the two or three cars before that.

I plan on having the car for a good while, so not losing much sleep about resale. If I was only having a couple of years I'd simply play safe and go black. Decisions decisions.

I saw this classic car at the weekend and perversely liked it, which made me think about the all blue. The Porsche is much more subtle than this lol.

Attachments

• image_336.jpeg
    image_336.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 9,869
Black is always the safe option, but it's dull and dark inside.

Red is quite the opposite, but I couldn't live with it. Bit too Russian.

Cream is OK, but beige is not, and sometimes, there's a thin line between the two. Not easy to keep clean however.

Then there's the peanut brown, which looks fabulous, but doesn't always work with every exterior colour.

And finally the compromise Ocean Blue, which I have, which is not black, but it's still dull, even if it works with a white exterior.

As to second hand resale value, who cares. It's your car, you spec it, unless it's a lease car and you don't have any choice...

I have a Cayenne and a 911 and in both I sought out Luxor Beige.

The Cayenne is black and the Luxor beige looks superb against the black.

The 911 is platinum silver and really looks good with the luxor beige ,which I didn't think it would at first as the contrast isn't as stark as black.

I wouldn't worry about staining light colours, a good clean gets rid of even stubborn stains in leather.

Blue is the only colour interior I wouldn't buy and I would avoid black if possible but wouldn't rule it out.

I like the third pic you posted. Looks great!

I too have the same dilemma. I too like the Graphite Blue leather interior however not actually seeing in person was a bit of worry as the pics on the web can be deceiving especially regarding white balance of the image.

Before my visit to the Silverstone Experience Centre yesterday afternoon for my '911 experience' event I convinced myself to play safe and go for the black leather. However at the Centre they have a 911 white cab with Graphite Blue leather and its convinced me to go for the Graphite Blue leather and not the black which I had in my demo car for the day

The decision now to decade to ditch the carbon trim and go with the brushed aluminium which really goes well with the Graphite Blue leather.

I believe the bottom image give a best representation of the colour.

These is a good slection of images here. http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-porsche-911-first-drive-review/

Attachments

• 2017_porsche_911_carrera_carrera_s_1_153_876x535_161.jpg
    2017_porsche_911_carrera_carrera_s_1_153_876x535_161.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9,564
  • dsc_3402_397.jpg
    dsc_3402_397.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 9,564
  • 2017_porsche_911_carrera_carrera_s_1_133_876x535_119.jpg
    2017_porsche_911_carrera_carrera_s_1_133_876x535_119.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 9,564
I have jet black exterior and the interior is extended black and luxor two tone.

I thought I disliked the beige before but that was because I hadn't seen it in two tone with the black and that contrasting stitching that's on the dash really looks like quality.

It must be more popular than some folks think because they have carried it through from the last model 981 since 2012 onto the incoming 2016 718 model.

I also feel that some people automatically assume it will show marks but now that the wheel, dash, door tops and mats are black, it seems to take care of it.

Attachments

• img_1201_193.jpg
    img_1201_193.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 9,797
another one.

Attachments

• img_1202_127.jpg
    img_1202_127.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 9,795
and another one.

Attachments

• img_1212_680.jpg
    img_1212_680.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 9,788
Appreciate the views and feedback.

Gutted I missed the blue interior at the Silverstone as was only there just last Friday. Thankfully I had the blue/chalk and that was what really got me thinking about the blue.

I might have to call in at Silverstone to take a peak. I pass it relatively frequently.

If you took any photos, drop me a line. Cheers.

OK, have decided on Graphite Blue... cheers to all and particularly AlpinaB3 for your photo's from Silverstone...

So am updating my spec to change the leather, and omit any badge on the rear.

Attachments

• img_5175_162.jpg
    img_5175_162.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 9,592
  • img_5181_185.jpg
    img_5181_185.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 9,592
I decided on the rear badge omit from this:

Attachments

• img_4729_767.jpg
    img_4729_767.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 9,588