Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Boxter in Custom Colour..any restrictions in the choice?

ajmitchell

Hi I am thinking of ordering a new Boxster 718. In the configorator there is an option for custom colour (£2800 I think). I wondered if there are any restrictions on the pallet? I really love dark Graphite grey (and less so Geyser Grey Metallic) from the 911 50th Anniversary 2013 model. Would this be a problem? There are a lot of grey variants out there so tough to pick exactly the right one.

Good luck being allowed to select PTS!

I was told 'no chance' last year with the outgoing 981... :pc:

The PTS books only open for a brief period - your dealer will tell you when.

Rennlist has lots of stuff on it and I think some articles on colours they allow / disallow. OPC Reading told me that Gulf Orange and Blue were NOT allowed as they are copyrighted or something. Not sure really as a pals ex had her 986 factory painted in the most unreal shade of Barbie pink :eek:

Best of luck and please keep us posted!!

...if you look on JZM's website they recently sold a Spyder in PTS Voodoo blue and have a venom green (?) GTS still in stock. These are both previously approved and sold colours so are de facto 'allowed'. If its not been done before, be prepared for a wait and possible push-back.

Given they are very keen to sell 718s I do hope you get a PTS slot :thumb:

Yes please keep us posted with the outcome - is this a first time Porsche for you or just the first time you've ordered a new model.

What are you ordering, spec etc. Assume it's the boxster and not the boxster s. Keep us all posted as you will be a bit of a test pilot for this new model.

:D

Oh and did they offer any incentives for the ordering of new model.

Attachments

• image_334.jpeg
    image_334.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 5,346
Hi, welcome to the forum. Porsche have a colour on offer called Graphite Blue here are a couple of photos. I love this colour and if I had decided to buy a Boxster it would have probably been the colour I selected. I was looking to buy one but I didn't like the engine.

Can I ask you if you've driven one yet? You really need to drive one before you place the order. If it's your first time to the marque then maybe it will be fine. But if you've owned Porscges before I'd certainly recommend test driving first.

isysman said:
Hi, welcome to the forum. Porsche have a colour on offer called Graphite Blue here are a couple of photos. I love this colour and if I had decided to buy a Boxster it would have probably been the colour I selected. I was looking to buy one but I didn't like the engine.

Can I ask you if you've driven one yet? You really need to drive one before you place the order. If it's your first time to the marque then maybe it will be fine. But if you've owned Porscges before I'd certainly recommend test driving first.

There is one in that colour at Porsche Centre East London. I think it's a demo. Caught my eye though, looked good.
Didnt get to drive or hear it though as I was to focussed on the old model that I was buying.

thanks

Hi thanks for your advice, I guess only the dealer can say and as you say be prepared for push back!

FYI I am at a very early stage, just doing my research at this stage. I would be a first time buyer (currently have Audi S4). I have read the reviews about the engine being a bit disappointing for some etc. There is a review in Autoexpress this week.

Thanks for the photos of the graphite blue, I agree this is a great colour too and possibly a reserve option. I am specing the car very basic, nothing fancy; keeping costs down (except for the colour maybe!!). Here is provisional draft of Porsche code in the graphite blue:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHTYQYX6

Evo have done reviews of both the 718 and 718S. Here are the links. It sounds like you'll be opting for the S so it may not matter. Their review of the non S is pretty scathing.

I also test drove a Boxster 2.0L and here is my review. I tested it on the same day as the Macan so it's two reviews in one thread.

My Review
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112482

718 Boxster review
http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/boxste...verything-porsche-touches-doesn-t-always-turn

718 Boxster S
http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/718-boxster

About the 2.0L version:

"Disappointing. Underwhelming. Soul destroying. All words and phrases I never thought I'd write about a Porsche sports car, but the 2-litre Boxster is a poor Porsche and the disappointment focuses on the moment the engine starts.

If you, or a friend, ever owned an air-cooled VW Beetle you'll immediately recognise the unsophisticated clatter when you hear a 2-litre Boxster for the first time. Unfortunately it's no better from inside, where the tone switches from that of a Beetle run on a student's budget to an Impreza turbo with a blown exhaust.

Normally, in these situations things improve when the engine's under load, but even Porsche hasn't managed to pull off the impossible here. On the move the engine sounds broken, like it's dropped a valve or two." - EVO

Re: thanks

ajmitchell said:
Hi thanks for your advice, I guess only the dealer can say and as you say be prepared for push back!

FYI I am at a very early stage, just doing my research at this stage. I would be a first time buyer (currently have Audi S4). I have read the reviews about the engine being a bit disappointing for some etc. There is a review in Autoexpress this week.

Thanks for the photos of the graphite blue, I agree this is a great colour too and possibly a reserve option. I am specing the car very basic, nothing fancy; keeping costs down (except for the colour maybe!!). Here is provisional draft of Porsche code in the graphite blue:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHTYQYX6

Hello AJ, if I can call you that :)
Welcome to the forum then.
If you are set on a boxster, have you considered the S variant of the outgoing 981 model. Of course I am biased as a new owner but if you are considering your budget, I reckon you'd possibly get an S with basic spec for similar money as the standard Boxster in the new model and that way you still get the 6 cylinder model. Assuming you are looking for new, you may still find a few on the forecourts that they have not yet sold. I did this and saved a few £££.

As I said, I saw a standard Boxster at Porsche East London in that graphite colour and it looked pretty good.
I didnt inquire about spec or price.

body colour grill

a very small point but which models (or upgrades) carry body coloured grill finns left and right of the number plate? I like the ones that are not plain black like this one in white.

P.Boxster_981_2.7__02416_White-Red_12__MJT_02.JPG
[/img]

Get a black car sorted :thumb:

Attachments

• image_415.jpeg
    image_415.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 5,178

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member