Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3997 .1 Final drive ratio

evodarren

Just wondered if Porsche do a replacement final drive ratio for the GT3. I'm not interested too much in top speed , but would love to make it a bit more lively for general road and track use.
Thanks Darren

Yes

http://www.carnewal.com/products/P97GT3/p96198/GT3-Final-Drive

Cup car final drive, or GT gear do custom versions, you can also use the 4.0 final drive.

I have cup drive in mine, it's really a track thing wouldnt recommend for road use, top speed drop to 178mph, but according to a graph that I have from JZM it,s like adding 60 Bhp, i personnel believe it's about half that, it will let you compete with a gen 2 car in a straight line.

Personally if I were to do it again I'd use a 4.0, as its not a Motorsport part and reliability and wear and tear will be better.

Thanks Jon. Sounds like a big expense for road use mainly.

evodarren said:

I wouldn't for road use, track ya.

Roro said:
Cunno said:
evodarren said:

I wouldn't for road use, track ya.

Wouldn't the 4.0 parts be fine for road use though? Wouldn't that just make the car as usable as a 4.0 RS?

4.0 as in the ratio rather than the 4litre 997RS?

Bigfra said:
How long to fit this item lads ? :?:

Needs the gearbox removed & opened up as you are replacing the output shaft in addition to the ring gear. 10-12 hours ISTR.

NXI20 said:
Bigfra said:

Needs the gearbox removed & opened up as you are replacing the output shaft in addition to the ring gear. 10-12 hours ISTR.

Thanks, not for muppets to do then :grin:

Bigfra said:
NXI20 said:
Bigfra said:

Thanks, not for muppets to do then :grin:

...Fearnsport will be your preferred choice. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back