Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Range Rover Evoque

grbspeedster said:
I tried the 2 door diesell version for a change from the jags I normally get. My thoughts , door aperture too small as seats high kept banging head on the door opening on entry( I'm just over 6 ft tall) Access to rear dreadful but as only 2 of us not a problem. My son used it for a while and could not get daughter into car seat easily ' not family freiendly ' was his view. Did go away for long weekend with my sister and brother in law. Rear boot too small, just got away with weekend luggage. Again acces to rear poor
As a diesel only averaged 32 mpg over period I owned it. Though gearbox calibration not too good had harsh roll out shifts and occasional delay on change.
We had full glass roof that was superb, build quality overall very good but attention to detail on alignments could do with more focus. Check out rear hatch position gapping not consistent
Good quirky looking car but in my opinion bit too small to be main car

Thx Geoff. Compared to my M135 I expect it to be capacious :)

Jcx said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Jcx said:
kurlykris said:
One of my mates got fed up of his Aston Martin costing a fortune for 8 miles per day, so dumped the Supercar for a new Evoque. It spent 3 months in the dealers trying to sort out the issues ( while he drove around in a peugeot 106 ), they eventually gave him a full refund :grin:

Was your mates car petrol or diesel? And we're the issues with engine or suspension or electrics? Thx

I think the Evoque is a tart's car 100% My Mrs. wanted one which was fine until I realized I'd be driving it from time to time. . . . Errr, nope.
I've persuaded her to have a Macan S or GTS (which totally spanks the Evoque in all areas btw) despite the ridiculous lead time. :grin:

Perhaps. But, it's at least 10-15k more for similar spec and I am not so sure it'll be as easily received by clients when I rock up in it. That matters. I'll never rock up in the 911 for the same reason.

Fair do's. Yer pays yer money....

Enjoying your Total 911 write ups btw :wink:

Just bought a Kline full system for mine but still got 18 months OPC warranty to go... Eek, what to do...? I think I'll keep it for a post warranty 'project' Don't want to go daft with power, it's fiendishly rapid as is. As you'll be aware. But I'd like the underside split mint and a full new system with titanium fasteners is a good start. :thumbs:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Jcx said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Jcx said:
kurlykris said:
One of my mates got fed up of his Aston Martin costing a fortune for 8 miles per day, so dumped the Supercar for a new Evoque. It spent 3 months in the dealers trying to sort out the issues ( while he drove around in a peugeot 106 ), they eventually gave him a full refund :grin:

Was your mates car petrol or diesel? And we're the issues with engine or suspension or electrics? Thx

I think the Evoque is a tart's car 100% My Mrs. wanted one which was fine until I realized I'd be driving it from time to time. . . . Errr, nope.
I've persuaded her to have a Macan S or GTS (which totally spanks the Evoque in all areas btw) despite the ridiculous lead time. :grin:

Perhaps. But, it's at least 10-15k more for similar spec and I am not so sure it'll be as easily received by clients when I rock up in it. That matters. I'll never rock up in the 911 for the same reason.

Fair do's. Yer pays yer money....

Enjoying your Total 911 write ups btw :wink:

Just bought a Kline full system for mine but still got 18 months OPC warranty to go... Eek, what to do...? I think I'll keep it for a post warranty 'project' Don't want to go daft with power, it's fiendishly rapid as is. As you'll be aware. But I'd like the underside split mint and a full new system with titanium fasteners is a good start. :thumbs:

Thx Chum! Enjoying writing them :)

I spent the last 2 weeks driving SUVs in the USA. First car i drove after was my 911 Turbo. WOW! Its never felt so good. I now want an SUV partly for the space and practicality and mainly to give my little lass more leg room in the back. But also to make my 911 feel better every time i drive it :)

mazza said:
Yep, bought a new Dynamic SD4 18 months ago, no issues so far with reliability, interior is great quality, Diesel engine is reasonable, new 9speed auto box is very good. Was a choice between this and the Macan, think Macan is a better drivers car, but Mrs preferred the Evoque look and image... Spec for spec the Macan would be more expensive, but arguably would hold its value slightly better...

Rear legroom is reasonable, I'm 6'2" and have seat quite far back though another me would struggle to sit behind me, would accommodate children adults to under 6' no problem.

Discounts very hard to come by, as waiting list still around 6 months I believe...

Must have options:
Auto
Glass roof (though doesn't open)
Dynamic suspension (magnetic similar to Audi R8 makes the handling and ride much better)
Memory seats (if you share driving with your partner)

Jaguar X Pace is worth a look, a bit sportier and bigger, can be had with a wide range of engines too...

Ok Mazza, I test drove one today. Very nice car but...

Found the seats very wide and concluded that I will need the adjustable bolsters if I buy. I sat "on" the seats not "in" them.

Also found the ride a little "leanie" on corners... It didn't have the dynamic suspension. Does the dynamic suspension make THAT MUCH difference? I don't think I could live with a car without it.

Also could only test the diesel (which was very good) but I want the petrol...

Thoughts?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back