Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear: Series 23, Episode 2: 05 Jun 16 8pm BBC2

If you're not a CE fan don't watch Extra Gear this week - for the fear of you putting your fist through your monitors.

Crying. Yes, he was crying. And Rory 'yeh that's solid' Reid was gushing out the 'aw mate yeh brah fanks for sharing that dawg'

Much better this week in my opinion. Looked to me like Evans had re-done all the bits he could (voice-overs etc) in response to the bile vented at him on twitter. He made reference to it at the beginning 'this week I get even more shouty'.

Also I think MLB is an inspired signing to the show.

Looking forward to the rest of the season now.

:thumb:

Any car show on TV is a good show imho.

Well, except perhaps for that customising crap that was on a while back with Bernie and Leepu :frustrated:

However the CE act of an ADHD kid on a sugar high after being locked in a sweetshop for an hour routine is just a pain in the arse to endure. The SA filmed segment wasn't too bad but he is unbearable in the studio as is the screaming when he is on the runway.

I enjoyed this weeks episode over all but:

1. Evans and his pantomime approach needs to go
2. Tooooooo many guests and too many are repeat guests - get some new people
3. What about a bit of detail on the cars and not just engine size ala SUVs

Get Harris on.

Pip

Much better than the first one, though still maybe a bit too much like the old show with new faces. From what I remember, before the catering fracas there weren't too many kind words on here for the last series, which had got tired and samey.

Not many hosts can (or will) do what Evans did with the McLaren - he liked it so much he blagged his way into the queue and bought one!

I like Matt Le Blanc from Episodes (never watched Friends) and he was rather handy in the reasonably priced car in the past. Good driver, confident delivery. Maybe Evans will get less shouty as we go on, Button's driving certainly shut him up.

We all knew EJ was a potential cheat but he showed zero sympathy and maximum stupidity dragging that Merc around on the floor.

Watched it on catch up as couldn't be bothered to record it after the diabolical show last week.
This weeks was a bit more like Top Gear although I have say Eddie Jordan didn't look at all comfortable in his roll as presenter especially when he became the butt of the jokes!
Matt Le Blanc comes across as very likeable and I suppose he's there to sell it in N America.
As other have said it's a motoring programme so what is their not to like about it other than the 'ginger one'.
JB & DC would be great together :thumb:

I can't believe any of you remotely like this unfunny, pathetic attempt.

:?

Kimbo

I think if there was an abundance in choice of car shows on the box, then this would be waaaaay further down the list. However, there isn't and if there's an hour or so of TV that gets my little girl interested in cars as much as me, then I'll stick with it for the time-being.

YouTube isn't a bad source, but at the moment it's not as social-able as the TV.

Jim

P.S. I think she enjoyed our go karting this afternoon a lot more than the car show so we're heading in the right direction regardless! :wink:

Kimbo said:
I can't believe any of you remotely like this unfunny, pathetic attempt.

:?

Jcx said:
the cross-over SUV bit was a bit of a mess... Merc releases the GLC AMG this month which is a match on price and on spec and on performance for the two 3litre SUVs from Jag and Porsche. But instead they used a 2.1l diesel... bah!!

Hmm - given that the slot will have been recorded months ago, expecting them to review a car which hasn't been launched yet might be just a little bit optimistic..... :dont know:

Disco said:
Jcx said:
the cross-over SUV bit was a bit of a mess... Merc releases the GLC AMG this month which is a match on price and on spec and on performance for the two 3litre SUVs from Jag and Porsche. But instead they used a 2.1l diesel... bah!!

Hmm - given that the slot will have been recorded months ago, expecting them to review a car which hasn't been launched yet might be just a little bit optimistic..... :dont know:

fair do's but... i am an optimist :)

Pip1968 said:
I enjoyed this weeks episode over all but:

1. Evans and his pantomime approach needs to go

Pip

Oh no it doesn't!

:floor:

Enjoyed this much more than last week. Didn't watch it live though incase it cringeworthy, which I think it avoided this week.

MLB is very good, really warming to him. CE? Crap.

Better this week IMHO

I agree with Pip, much better but CE bloody awful as normal and Eddie Jordan just as bad.

Button might be looking for work by the time they make the next serious he would get my vote with MLB, Harris and Sabine.

How much better would the Maclaren bit have been with Button and Harris actually having an intelligent conversation.

DerbyJim said:
Kimbo

I think if there was an abundance in choice of car shows on the box, then this would be waaaaay further down the list. However, there isn't and if there's an hour or so of TV that gets my little girl interested in cars as much as me, then I'll stick with it for the time-being.

Totally fair comment Jim. Can't argue with that at all :thumb:

I was sad when my son said "turn this crap off" halfway through the show last night.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back