Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear: Series 23, Episode 2: 05 Jun 16 8pm BBC2

isysman said:
It's interesting that some judged the first episode of new TG against 22 seasons of old Top Gear and declared it not good.

I think that's fair enough to do so. It's pretty hard not to compare it tbh.

I liked Chris Evans before but found last week's episode dull and unfunny in a number of places. I think having a UK car at the beginning really helped this week, as did JB (massive button fan anyhow).

They need to work on the interview section though. Too many guests - trying to be a mini guest show in the middle of a packed show doesn't work, stick to one or two max but lose the primary school questions and find out something about the guests!

Enjoyed it. Was just a car show. Non of the other bollocks was even in my mind.

Disappointed Chris Harris isn't in it. I mean have gave up his YouTube channel and he's not been in it at all. I thought he was going to be in the main show. Although him not being in it didn't detract from tonight's show.

Loved the McLaren 6758901 LGBT or whatever it's called!

Looked an absolute BEAST!!!!!

I enjoyed it. But I enjoyed last week too. I also like Rory online. I am not a big Chris Evans fan but I do tend to like the shows he makes.

Gave episode No. 1 a middling score of 5 out of 10.

This new episode would be nearer 7 out of 10, so at least things heading in the right direction. Good spread of features and guests provided some real interest. Eddie Jordan was brutal with that Mercedes - no mechanical sympathy at all!! :eek:

Yes much better than last week. No idea why Harris isn't in the main show either, wasted opportunity, the main show could be so much better. Possibly 'they' think he's too nerdy for a mainstream show or something :?:

I'm down the pub :nooo:

Rory Reid posted this on Twitter after the show

"Enjoyable #TopGear tonight. Next week @harrismonkey and I crash the party in a big way for the rest of the series. 🐣🐣"

isysman said:

"Enjoyable #TopGear tonight. Next week @harrismonkey and I crash the party in a big way for the rest of the series. 🐣🐣"

I had to look up who this punter was as I'd never heard of him :oops:

Zingari said:
isysman said:

I had to look up who this punter was as I'd never heard of him :oops:

Yeah I didn't know him either. But lots of people don't know who Harris is either!

I thoroughly enjoyed show 2 and can't help thinking that anyone who didn't had decided that before they actually tuned in.

With more SS and some Monkey to come I've got high hopes for the rest of the series. :thumbs:

T8 said:
I thoroughly enjoyed show 2 and can't help thinking that anyone who didn't had decided that before they actually tuned in.

With more SS and some Monkey to come I've got high hopes for the rest of the series. :thumbs:

Agreed.

......better production and content this week but still can't warm to CE and I think he will hold the show back(IMHO)

It's the Celeb chat show bit that kills it for me. OK, SIARPC was never a good segment but it's gone so gash now it's cringeworthy.

Otherwise, the car review segment on the McLaren I'd have said if you turned down the volume and squinted slightly you'd be pushed to realise a difference between CE and JC. Don't mind that bit.

The South Africa test was a bit rubbish though. I wanted to know more about the F Pace - not usually a fan of cross-over stuff but I'll make an exception there. May well have one of those in a few years.

the cross-over SUV bit was a bit of a mess... Merc releases the GLC AMG this month which is a match on price and on spec and on performance for the two 3litre SUVs from Jag and Porsche. But instead they used a 2.1l diesel... bah!!

i am in the market for one and was keen to see them reviewed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back