Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roof Rattle on 991 Turbo Cabriolet

njm500

Silverstone
Hi All,

Just traded in my 991 C2S (2011) for a 2015 991 Turbo cab. The car is used, fully loaded and absolutely menacing if honest.

Have owned it for a week but having severe rattle (creaking) from the driver side rear area (near rear seat or roof mechanism). Its been back @ OPC Guildford for 2 days and after receiving it back, noise is 100% the same. NOT FIXED.

Anyone else getting extreme rattling from this area ? I can't believe that a car of #140k new is designed to sound like a 15 yr old banger.

Experience or advise welcome.

Can i suggest you take it back to the OPC and go on a test drive with a mechanic to point out the noise and also replicate if needed how to get noise to start.

Most mechanics just get a job card saying rattle from rear with very little info so after a short drive with nothing obvious they tend to move onto the next job.

I went out with the service manager, which is even more worrying.

I never leave it to just a job card !! :)

Well known issue with convertible 911. Don't bother trying fixing it-it is not going to work. You will get used to it

I had the same problem on a s2 cabrio. After 4 attempts they eventually fixed it. You just need to persevere.

Get some einszett gummi pflege and apply it to all the rubbers and seals. You will be amazed at the difference. My glass sunroof rattled and creaked and the dealer couldn't sort it. 5 minutes with the above and it was gone. I redo it every 3-6 months. The rubbers just dry out...

I put a little on the end of my fingers and just rub it in by hand, or use a cotton bud for the bits I can reach (possibly easier with a cab).

I've been looking for something for my classic camper rubber... I'll take a look at that product.

All sorted from OPC Guildford. It was a combination of a loose rear arch wheel liner & inner mechanism.

So glad you got the rattle fixed! I can't stand them either!
I wonder why the inner wheel arch liner was loose?
:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back