Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT4

fiberoptic

Would like your opinions please.

Do you think GT4s will hold their value?

I'm thinking of buying one, but not as an investment - only would like it to hold its value in case I'd want to sell it if Porsche releases something else with N/A engine and manual box, which will be better and avalable to order.

Going with current prices, the spec I want will be £100k, which is already 15-20k over list price, so just not sure at the moment ... Your thoughts please :)

There will be a Gen2 (981.2) GT4 and Spyder.

Like the 991.2 GT3 vs 991.2 Carrera, they will retain 6 cylinder NA blocks.

If they inherit the 718's (revolting) looks, that may be enough alone to stamp the 981.1 GT4/Spyder with legendary status.

You're already going to pay over the odds on what was the list price and having followed some of the sales prices seem to be dropping from where they were at the start at c£100k. I've seen plenty up at high prices with dealers but are they selling or has some of the novelty worn off?

I'd suggest that as a new 'GT' car it will be developed on as GT4 mentions and I'd be doubtful they will hold the 'over book' price.

I would have bought one new (if I could have got a place) but wouldn't pay over the odds unless I had some specific use for it ie on the track. Having said that we're all different :grin:

fiberoptic said:
Do you think GT4s will hold their value?

Doubtful - Porsche brought more cars in than were originally expected in the end (despite the initial feeding frenzy and allocation issues). They certainly won't tank either, but the Boxster Spyder is a safer place to put your money if you fancy a 981 as far as I can tell.

Exactly as Zingers and Disco say

At current dealer price, i think you'd only lose the dealer mark up if you say traded it back in within a few months. Where they go over a year or depends on so many things, though they are so well reviewed i think that any losses will be relatively small.

the only folk who are definitely 'up' are the lucky few who managed to buy one at list price.

however with these, GT3 RS, R and other Porsche limited run models - it is the change in value vs current price to buy that matters - and as they are all priced so high at the moment, i think you'd have to be lucky not to lose a bit / get out 'flat' a few years later.

Given the numbers involved i too believe a Spyder would be a safer 'investment' - even though it galls me to use that word for something which was designed to be and SHOULD BE just driven!!!

GT4 said:
There will be a Gen2 (981.2) GT4 and Spyder.

Like the 991.2 GT3 vs 991.2 Carrera, they will retain 6 cylinder NA blocks.

If they inherit the 718's (revolting) looks, that may be enough alone to stamp the 981.1 GT4/Spyder with legendary status.

+1
Andreas Preuninger - Head of GT has been quoted as saying there will likely be another GT4 which will retain 6 cylinder NA engine (no mention of Spyder, but I'am sure that will follow the same).

I can't see in the short & medium term that prices for GT4's will go north of where they are now; but hopefully you won't take a big hit if you only intend to keep until the next one comes along in four years or so. It is afterall still relatively a low production car that will have strong appeal.

It is a GT car and limited so it will never tank, but will it retain its current price, no one can know. They may appreciate if Porsche screw up the styling as they have kind of done on the new Boxster as GT4 said.

I think it's one of the safest cars to buy in terms of value.

Great cars will hold solid money ..I own a new one in silver if interested can PM me

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back