Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porchacare

krispe

So I finally got to take my car to Matt at Porchacare near Knebworth. I've been wanting to take my car to him ever since I found out he left Portiacraft to set up on his own. His knowledge and passion for porsches is immense, not to mention his attention to detail at servicing to building custom 911's (Checkout his facebook page for projects etc). He will be the man that rebuilds my engine when the time comes, (his own full custom built 911 3.3 turbo with blue printed and heavily modified engine is estimated at >600hp....)

It was great to discuss future project ideas for my own car as well to sort out a few niggles here and there whilst on his lift. (He is also has one of the cheapest labour rates compared to other porsche indy's :wink: )

Anyway I highly recommend him :thumb:

In leafy Cheshire, labour rates are £69 - £75 /hr + VAT.
In Lancashire tends to be £55 - £65/hr + VAT

Over the border into West Yorkshire around £60 - £70/hr + VAT

There will be outliers' who will be either below or above these rates.

How is the labour rate with Porchacare?

I always think if I ask the price 'daaan saaf' I'll receive the reply:

"How much you got guv?"

cheshire911 said:
In leafy Cheshire, labour rates are £69 - £75 /hr + VAT.
In Lancashire tends to be £55 - £65/hr + VAT

Over the border into West Yorkshire around £60 - £70/hr + VAT

There will be outliers' who will be either below or above these rates.

How is the labour rate with Porchacare?

I always think if I ask the price 'daaan saaf' I'll receive the reply:

"How much you got guv?"

Porschacare is £55 +vat

That is a very good labour rate for home counties.
He must have a huge queue of customers lining up for their work!

As he has just started off on his own (you mentioned he broke away from Portiacraft who are in Mill Hill if I remember correctly). I hope he keeps it at this rate for the foreseeable future and not start to rack up the rate on an escalator principle as his customer list grows on the year 1 £55, year 2 £60, year 3 £69 and year 4 £75/hr (note all above inflation rate).

But at the current £55/hr that is remarkable for the location from which he operates.

I have to agree, really nice guy and very local to me. It was he who put the new clutch and clutch wheel thingy (forgotten again!) into my car, came and got it while I was on holiday, dropped it back off, and he will be doing an oil change in the next few weeks.

He was at Portiacraft for 15 years and Harry there sent me his way for the clutch etc. Can't get a better recommendation than that I would say!

Recommend Matt to anyone!

I was recommended to contact Matt from a friend of mine when I was having problems with my 997 gen 2, that had a rough idle. I spoke to the nearer dealers in the St Albans/Herts area and they all wanted to "book it in and we will do a full diagnostics and that will only cost you £xxx...then we can go from there...". After speaking to Matt (and he well and truly knows what he is doing with Porsches - you can tell when you speak to someone!) he verbally diagnosed a VVT valve but was fully prepared for me to bring it in to run up on the diagnostics but his thought was the VVT valve. £98 part from Porsche, 4 hrs for me to get to it due to the usual crap rusted nuts&bolts that Porsche use (and then replace with stainless ones) the job was all done.
Matt could quite easily of requested that I bring it in and do the work himself but as he spent nearly 30 mins talking through the fault and everything else about my car, I feel it is worth telling you all about him...put it this way, any work that needs doing on my 997 will get done by Matt in the future and he also recommended a good paintshop in Stevenage for some detailing I want done in the future.
GREAT GUY AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - he will also be doing some work on my wifes mini cooper s as that has a timing issue and after just speaking about it, he obviously knows his stuff on minis as well!
Very unusual in this day and age; a genuine guy that obviously has a real passion for Porsches and cars generally.
From my friends feedback and my experience - YES, Porschacare (Matt) is a genuine mechanic you can trust and I wish him well in his new business as he deserves it!

Its Because of Matt @PorschaCare i own and Drive a 996 Turbo, What this Guy Doesn't know about Porsches isnt worth knowing.
I also have many friends who also would not be Driving a Porsche if they Didn't know Matt.

I have only good things to say about Matt. Top guy, knowledgeable, professional, recommend 100%

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back