Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 991 GT3 has arrived - exhaust advice

There's a distinction between brand new car warranties and those on used Porsches. The former is covered by the EU block exemption and you're allowed to change components of 'equal or better quality' and the manufacturer must still honour warranty claims. The Porsche approved used warranty however is nothing more than an Insurance policy to which the block exemption doesn't apply. Porsche can state whatever terms they wish and refuse to pay or pay depending on whatever their own terms and conditions state. At least that was the state of play last time I looked into this a couple of years or so ago, not sure if anything has changed since...

Roro said:
There's a distinction between brand new car warranties and those on used Porsches. The former is covered by the EU block exemption and you're allowed to change components of 'equal or better quality' and the manufacturer must still honour warranty claims. The Porsche approved used warranty however is nothing more than an Insurance policy to which the block exemption doesn't apply. Porsche can state whatever terms they wish and refuse to pay or pay depending on whatever their own terms and conditions state. At least that was the state of play last time I looked into this a couple of years or so ago, not sure if anything has changed since...

Interesting. Thanks for that. I've just taken the plunge and bought a Kline stainless full decat system with manifold headers and 200 cell cat thingies. I'll get it next week. Oh, and carbon tips.
My dilemma is that I have 18 months OPC warranty left so should I fit system or wait a bit.... ?? A problem to ponder but a good problem, none the less.
I'm not looking for a gazillion bhp power gain but I'd like the underside of my car as mint as the top side and I consider this a tasteful mod.
Anyhow, the sun is shining and we're in the Yorkshire dales. Time to grab the Mrs and go for a spin!

If it's that much if a concern just take the exhaust off if anything goes wrong and it has to go back to Porsche

Bigfra said:
If it's that much if a concern just take the exhaust off if anything goes wrong and it has to go back to Porsche

Thought about this. But if you fit a system you should map it accordingly. And I think all maps leave a footprint. Hmmm....

Norfolk & Idea said:
Bigfra said:

Thought about this. But if you fit a system you should map it accordingly. And I think all maps leave a footprint. Hmmm....

Most systems don't need a map. The ECU might notice certain changes that may be flagged up by pork but how could they prove it

After umming and arring I decided to 'hack up' :wink: my GT3 and fitted a Sharkwerks bypass and tips.

With the exhaust button on and the valves open it is obscenely loud at full chat. Obscenely loud! It sounds much much louder than Mr JWW's recent Youtube videos.

With the exhaust button off it sounds like it did previously when on. Perfectly useable and quiet when pottering around

I came from a Granturismo so I'm used to noise (as are my neighbours).

I love it! :lol:

I'll get a video up soon but here's a promotional vid that really doesn't do it justice - https://youtu.be/3xcSUIeYqwU

Probably the easiest option. I have it on my 997 GT3 and love it. Unplug the valve if you want the valves open all the time

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back