Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ragpickers Leggy 986 S.. first real problem: page 9

Subscribed- looking forward to seeing how you get on. Was looking at these the other day as a station car- surprised what you can get for relatively little money. If I can sell my half finished kit car I may have a punt on one of these myself.

1.4 hours to replace the condensors .. dam im embarssed now , takes me at least 1.5 :oops:

Im suprised it passed an mot with the exhaust flanges like that but its all par for the cource , you can rebuild her/him.

To be honest .. you have bought a Boxster ( rather cheap if i might say so ) which is my favourite car and are going to get it back to spec .. my hat off to you sir.

Lovely Boxsters!..I ran one alongside my 997 GT3 and it still made me grin like an idiot..The best kept secret in the Porsche world without doubt..

Enjoy. :thumbs:

You wouldn`t catch me driving a Boxster S..............no, seriously, you wouldn`t catch me :D

Looks lovely Ragpicker, welcome to the club :thumb:

New996buyer said:
Demort said:
1.4 hours to replace the condensors .. dam im embarssed now , takes me at least 1.5 :oops:

He can do a hip op in 20 mins as well! :eek: :thumbs:

I misread that as "He can do Hip-hop in 20 mins" :grin:

Contrary to popular rumour, I wouldn't know how to hip-op if my life depended on it :grin:

Agree with you Kas, the have got to be the best kept secret from 911 drivers at least! I think I'm having more fun in this little car than the turbo at the moment. You just can't wring the turbo out all the time, but with the Box it's much less likely to have you in prison! Having said that, it certainly ain't no slouch - I was well into triple figures today without realising it after pulling onto a slip road. Mightily impressed with the power delivery I have to say.

More parts ordered tonight - 1 X engine mount (987 part) and 2 X transmission mounts (which are actually 993 engine mounts!)

4 new coffin arms arrived. Still waiting for rear arb and bushes, and track rod ends. Should keep me busy on Sunday morning!

0f note the oil leak has returned. :roll: I can faintly smell burning oil and it's dripping on top of the offside exhaust manifold. Rocker cover leak methinks...

It's a great looking little car. How are you finding access to the engine / any need to go in from hatch behind the seats?
I love the idea of running one as a daily :thumb:

Edited to add: didn't realise you also ran a turbo 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

tim993 said:
It's a great looking little car. How are you finding access to the engine / any need to go in from hatch behind the seats?
I live the idea of running one as a daily :thumb:

The access is probably better than a 911 Tim.It takes less than ten minutes to remove the access covers.

kas750 said:
tim993 said:
I live the idea of running one as a daily :thumb:

The access is probably better than a 911 Tim.It takes less than ten minutes to remove the access covers.

Yes it is better than the 911. With the Box you can remove the engine cover for access to the entire top of the engine, remove the service cover (behind the seats) for access to the front of the engine (pulleys, serpentine belt etc), remove the rear wheel arch liners for access to the sides of the engine (whole rocker cover), and then you've got the underside which is obvious.

Whilst you can get to these bits, some jobs - like removing the rocker cover - are a bit tight for space.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back