Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 and I

Looking very nice now Kev. :thumb:

Looks superb. How odd that you too have PSE exhaust with no switch. Mine from ADW is the same, but i've hardly seen any others (not that i'd want to turn the sound off anyhow)

Benjs said:
Looks superb. How odd that you too have PSE exhaust with no switch. Mine from ADW is the same, but i've hardly seen any others (not that i'd want to turn the sound off anyhow)

I don't think it has PSE exhaust how can you tell Ben? :?:

Perhaps its just the tail pipe perhaps.

KJD said:
Benjs said:

I don't think it has PSE exhaust how can you tell Ben? :?:

Perhaps its just the tail pipe perhaps.

Congrats on the new car :) It looks really neat and clean.

Correct there is no PSE, if there was not only would you have the switch but the outside exhausts tips would be larger than the inside ones.

Attachments

• download_116.jpg
    download_116.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 29,910
DSC_0281.jpg

Like this. From the photos it looked like yours was the same. However as mine was fitted after original build it doesn't have a switch (apparently that's another £300 to have fitted)so that isn't a foolproof indication

Thanks for clearing that one Apollo :thumb:

Ben, You got lucky with the PSE what a nice addition to the car.
I wanted a car with PSE but you have to compromise some where and this car was such a nice example.

How did you get on with ADW they have been brilliant with me I have to say

:grin:

Pleasure mate, you can have the PSE retrofitted by OPC when you're ready plus there are some good alternative options out there like sharkwerks.

For now, enjoy the car :)

Car looks stunning , wheels may be abitch to clean but really suit it

Nice car,,i had been having the same dilemma's as yourself shall I shant I,, in the end it was a plunge well worth taking. I have to say though that these cars (997) are getting on for 10 years old and to find one like yours is quite difficult however I traded a bit rough around the edges for a better deal. I have just had mine serviced at OCD Wirral and was given a full to do list which I will be working on , not a long list but I now know every knook and cranny now !!!,,one job I will be getting sorted is the cover for the servo pump,,its a common problem ,, the pump is rock solid reliable but the cover rots like mad. All in all though its a big grin from me each time I drive !!!

ADW were fantastic. I had a real wobble as I was giving up a lot of toys from my 996. They really helped and RSR who do their servicing are great and really know their stuff so I knew it was mechanically sound. It was also cool having a great mooch around the units at all the cars

Thanks Apollo , the enjoyment bit is easy :D

Nice one Bob, it's good to know what jobs you can prioritise and work your way through a list a bit at a time .As you say great way to get to know your car :thumb:

BHZ, you just can't get at these wheels !! But yes they do look right on the car.,

Benjs said:
ADW were fantastic. I had a real wobble as I was giving up a lot of toys from my 996. They really helped and RSR who do there servicing are great and really know their stuff so I knew it was mechanically sound. It was also cool having a great mooch around the units at all the cars

Great to hear, they were brilliant have to say and your right lovely motors in the units, eye watering in fact.

Mine just had a major at RSR, new coil packs, belt, plugs the works etc :D
Fair play they went right through it and did everything that needed doing.

Are you going to carry on with RSR in the future?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back