Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Update on my impulse purchase

wilpert

Indianapolis
Well following my abortive attempt at buying a used 981 Boxster S (see other thread)

I ended up doing something rather impulsive today.

but its going to be Okay cos SWMBO still loves me.

I will now have to advertise my kidneys for sale on eBay.

I put a deposit on it.

Pick it up in one week.

I'm prepared to admit that I bought in haste but that's me all over and I've never had a new car before in my life. This one is not even registered yet.
Initial fear was that the black/luxor interior would not be to my taste but because the black is on the dash and top of doors, centre console and steering wheel, it loos airy but still sharp and solid. Especially coupled with the Jet black exterior. It looks classic.

All I need to do now is raise 30k by next Thursday to bridge the gap

ATM I'm feeling a bit (quite a lot actually) guilty but I was prepared to pay 16K gap to get me into a 4 year old model so the extra 14K on top of that now doesnt seem so bad.

I'm relying on the excitement of collecting the new car will outweigh the guilt in around a weeks time.

And to send you into a deep sleep here is the spec:

Jet black metallic
Black top
Black/Luxor 2 tone interior
Bi Xenon with high beam (+ PDLS +)
Park Assist front and rear
Electrically folding mirrors
PDK
PASM
Sports exhaust
Cruise control
Sports chrono
20" carrera classic wheels
Auto dimming mirrors
Light design package
sports seats plus2 way electric
2 zone auto climate control
Seat heating
Sports design steering wheel
Embossed headrests
PCM inc nav
Bose surround
telephone module
online serices
Digital radio

that's an impulse purchase !

I know what a nutter:

I went to the forecourt today and had another look at the said impulse buy and I've got to say. I love it so I'm going to go through with the deal.

Fwiw I feel I drove the hardest bargain that I could have done as from what I hear Porsche aren't too good at doing discounts and although this is now an outgoing model. I will be the proud owner of "one of the last of the flat 6 981s

I managed to knock off 8k so I reckon that takes care of the drive off the forecourt depreciation.

Let's hope those nasty 718s aren't a lot of good 👀

Demort said:
Just from a purely personnel point of view but i think the 981 is simply the best car Porsche make atm , i cant fault your descision.

Thanks demort - its a bit late for me if it aint :dont know:
but really - i saw a 718 demo and it didnt draw me in any more than the 981 and when i test drove a 981 even without pasm on 20" wheels and in sport mode, it still mopped up the lumps and bumps, the engine sounded sublime, and that was without sports exhaust and the pdk was awesome, even slicker than my current Cayman S 987, which itself is really fast.

I know I will get hit hard with depreciation come the time to sell but then by that time i will be ready to move on to something else as I'm a restless soul.

Not sure if i dare risk a track day but I might go for it and just do a few laps :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back