Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman Ipod connection

Fokker

Silverstone
My PCM won't recognise my iPod if I plug it into the 'USB' port in the arm rest. Do I have to get a mini USB and plug it into the 'iPod' port?

I take it that I'm going to be able to control the iPod via the PCM? :eek:/

Cheers

Fokker said:
My PCM won't recognise my iPod if I plug it into the 'USB' port in the arm rest. Do I have to get a mini USB and plug it into the 'iPod' port?

Cheers

Assuming that we are talking about a 987.2 with the universal audio option and PCM 3, you need a Y cable with a mini-Din and USB to Apple 30 pin connector with everything plugged in for it to work (signal goes through the DIN, power through the USB I think). If you have a lightning connector on your iDevice then you also need the Apple 30 pin to lightning adaptor (the one with the short cable).

Only with the 981/991 generation can you just plug the cable into the UBS connector (which IIRC is in the glove box rather than the centre arm rest).

And yes - with everything in place you can indeed use the PCM console to select and play your music.

Thanks Colin,

All done and working perfectly.

Cheers

Disco said:
Fokker said:

Cheers

Assuming that we are talking about a 987.2 with the universal audio option and PCM 3, you need a Y cable with a mini-Din and USB to Apple 30 pin connector with everything plugged in for it to work (signal goes through the DIN, power through the USB I think). If you have a lightning connector on your iDevice then you also need the Apple 30 pin to lightning adaptor (the one with the short cable).

Only with the 981/991 generation can you just plug the cable into the UBS connector (which IIRC is in the glove box rather than the centre arm rest).

And yes - with everything in place you can indeed use the PCM console to select and play your music.

Does anyone have a link to somewhere I can purchase the Y cable Colin mentions above? Had a quick look on eBay to no avail as yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back