Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Sports Classic for sale. WTF !!!!!

T8

Super Moderator
I went window licking as I was passing OPC Tonbridge this morning and saw this on display. It's the only 911 my missus has ever said she likes so I was curious to know the asking price.

I know it's rare and this one has only done 6,520 miles in 6 years but .......

I won't make it a quiz 'cause you'll only google it anyway but I bet you'll all be as gobsmacked as I was.

Have a guess before scrolling down.

there was another one recently spotted by @rich911draper at £276,000 !

sheer madness, when that's 991 GT3 and 991 Targa GTS money with change

911UK said:
there was another one recently spotted by @rich911draper at £276,000 !

sheer madness, when that's 991 GT3 and 991 Targa GTS money with change

As Rich' lives near Tonbridge I bet it's the same one but he got his numbers transposed.

I walked away thinking "Mine + £237k" :nooo:, absolutely :nooo:

It's a joke :floor:

Everyone knows that the market is twisted and skewed, and really doesn't have alot of sound logic behind it.

But frankly, for a car which would have been about £140K new (and even that was hard to justify), at £268K this is totally beyond nuts. :eek:

Don't know how the OPC has the nerve to advertise it at this price. :nooo:

I slowly scrolled down, and then really laughed.

They make the numbers up based on how stupid they think we are.

It's just a collectors piece and not a real world Porsche so it's irrelevant to most of us. The 911R will be the same!

Whytar said:
It's just a collectors piece and not a real world Porsche so it's irrelevant to most of us. The 911R will be the same!

The market/profiteering have made it so - real shame in my book.

Has it got a FSH? :lol:

Rialas said:
I slowly scrolled down, and then really laughed.

Yup me also, a proper snorty laugh on my 06.52 to Victoria commute this morning, and picked up a few looks in the carriage.

T8, only 911 Mrs T8 has ever said she likes.....the other half obviously has very expensive tastes

I really don't get this, price just seems totally skewed. I can understand the 911R on the basis that it has the rare 4.0 RS engine and a few other bits n' bobs.

The Spot Classic on the other hand is basically a 997 GTS with a ducktail on the back. How can it possibly be rare and unique?!?!

megdog said:
I really don't get this, price just seems totally skewed. I can understand the 911R on the basis that it has the rare 4.0 RS engine and a few other bits n' bobs.

The Spot Classic on the other hand is basically a 997 GTS with a ducktail on the back. How can it possibly be rare and unique?!?!

I too thought it was expensive when new for a GTS with a different paint job, unique roof, a ducktail and Fuchs wheels.

The fact remains that Porsche only made 250 so it is a very rare car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back