Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selector lever not engaged - Boxster 2.7 Tiptronic error

dtailor

Hello All, I'm hoping you might be able to help.

I have a 2007 987 2.7 Tiptronic Boxster. I've had this since March 2014 and it has been running without any problems. However after the recent winter months when it was not used for approx 6 months (on driveway) every time I now use the car, at least a 3-4 times during our 30 mile odd weekend journeys it bleeps and shows me an error "Selector lever not engaged". The car briefly goes into "D" which flashes but then flicks back into gear and they change as normal. It is random and only happens occasionally. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this. I'm wondering if its the lack of use or potentially something more serious.

Thanks you for your help.

Attachments

• img_20160522_wa0000_641.jpg
    img_20160522_wa0000_641.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 4,450
Its often stiff gear linkage that cause this , no. 10 on this pict shows the part that need to be freed off , its on the side of the gear box .. ..

If that part is free then theres a pivot screw on the gear houseing that needs to be slackened off a bit but check the gearbox end first and repost please.

http://www.design911.co.uk/uploads/diagrams/987_2008_7_01_701-01.jpg

Basically the position of the gear lever and the switch on the side of the gear box are slightly out which flags the message.

Its possible that no.8 has pulled out slightly on the plastic ball joint end .. but unlikely.

Demort said:
Its often stiff gear linkage that cause this , no. 10 on this pict shows the part that need to be freed off , its on the side of the gear box .. ..

If that part is free then theres a pivot screw on the gear houseing that needs to be slackened off a bit but check the gearbox end first and repost please.

http://www.design911.co.uk/uploads/diagrams/987_2008_7_01_701-01.jpg

Basically the position of the gear lever and the switch on the side of the gear box are slightly out which flags the message.

Its possible that no.8 has pulled out slightly on the plastic ball joint end .. but unlikely.

Thank you very much for this information Demort. It's interesting you mentioned "stiff gear" as although I can't be 100%, I'm sure that the gear selection felt less stiff before than it does currently. This is great info, it's not something I can do myself but suggests that I should get it to an independent to get it sorted out. Thanks again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back