Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 Boxster 2.9 - Anything to look out for

seeforez

Barcelona
I'm going to view a 2009 gen 2 2.9 Boxster private sale today
Is there anything in particular i need to check for ?
Think the guy is keen to sell quickly as has a new car ariving so may benefit from a quick sale but may also mean no chance for PPI - is that a risk you would take for a 2.9 ?
Any views appreciated from you Boxter owners

Cant help much with ins and outs of a Boxter purchase but just letting you know there is group of us who have a meet / run out in Northumberland a few times a year , we are going to the fast lane show next Sunday , here is a link http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=109312 .. Keith

I had Dean from D&G Motor Engineers, the Porsche Independent garage behind the Silverlink do an inspection on the Boxster we bought. I'm sure if you could get the car to them for an hour they'd be able to plug it in and check it over on the ramp if you spoke to them.

As far as I am aware: the short answer is simply no - there isn't really anything to look for (other than usual 2nd hand car stuff like accident damage, service history, outstanding finance and so on). I've still yet to hear of any particular general issues with the 2.9 987.2. :?:

Drive it over a bumpy road and listen for knocks.

Hand down the carpet behind passenger seat to make sure its not wet.

If you can try to look at the inside of the brake discs ( not easy i know ) as thats the side that tends to rust.

Everything else is just normal stuff you check on any car .. smoke when cold .. engine rattles etc.

thanks for all the replies and notice taken, all seemed ok but needed a bit of paintwork and wheels refurbed but no knocks or rattles or smoke.
There was a bit of oily looking residue on the exhaust but i think this was just soot mixed with the condendsation as it seemed to clear complateley after a short run.

yes an inspection (at d and g) would be ideal but i have no way to transport the car and its also quite some distance away so i dont think the owner was too keen

kp964 said:
Cant help much with ins and outs of a Boxter purchase but just letting you know there is group of us who have a meet / run out in Northumberland a few times a year , we are going to the fast lane show next Sunday , here is a link http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=109312 .. Keith

thanks for the invite keith - i'll have a look and let you know

Check the MOT history online too

good call - checked the MOT history - no problems there
Now i just need to pay for it :D

one thing i forgot to check was the options sticker - and now i have checked it doesnt have one inside the bonnet or in the service book ?
Is this normal for gen 2s ?
How can i confirm options ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back