Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The best exhaust for a turbo - the definitive answer please!

Yes mate.

hybrid k16s
new oil lines
GT2RS intercoolers
uprated clutch (890nm?)
ipd plenum intake
uprated injectors (80lb?)
forge diverter valve and hose kit.
panel filter.
100 cell exhaust.

I also had the coolant lines all welded since the engine had to be dropped and have a slight oil weep fixed too.

I'm guessing its 625-650bhp, but who knows. :dont know:

Twinboost, you need to get yourself some GT3 6 pots. I stopped consistently at 190BHP easily before the bend.

911tom said:
Twinboost, you need to get yourself some GT3 6 pots. I stopped consistently at 190BHP easily before the bend.

Are you running hybrids too Tom?

A long story with my turbos... They were originally supplied by DMS. I brought them off the original owner who never fitted them. DMS were not able / didn't want to provide me with much info on what they are. They have a k24 part number and the car is fast.
At the last event I was still running stock injectors. I now have bigger injectors and a few mods to the intake. I'll return to Woodbridge later this year to hopefully add a few mph.

TwinBoost said:
Anyone able to shoot flames with their exhaust? :bandit:

My old Ford taxi does. :D

None from the 996 tho. :oops:

Well it's been ages since I last posted & as this seems a great thread for future owners looking for an exhaust I thought I would re introduce myself with my exhaust video I made about 4 years ago!
Best sounding exhaust I've found for the turbo as long as it's not your daily driver & you like it raw!!
EbWerks cat less xpipe :D
https://youtu.be/MPfEYQUUG3M

Chef996TurboS said:
Well it's been ages since I last posted & as this seems a great thread for future owners looking for an exhaust I thought I would re introduce myself with my exhaust video I made about 4 years ago!
Best sounding exhaust I've found for the turbo as long as it's not your daily driver & you like it raw!!

Perfect, i honestly want exactly that. :thumb:

cant find for 997

J

Chef996TurboS said:

You made the video or the exhaust 4 years ago? :dont know:

plynchy said:
TwinBoost said:
Anyone able to shoot flames with their exhaust? :bandit:

My old Ford taxi does. :D

None from the 996 tho. :oops:

I get them now and then on the overrun. Not big ones, just a foot long or so...

Not surprising given the amount of fuel this car uses now!

:what:

Chef996TurboS said:

I was very close to going for the Ebwerks over mine however it fell down on 2points for me.

. 200 cell cats (no 100cell on their website)
. No option for OEM tailpipe.

I have to agree though they sound awesome :thumbs: :worship:

M9JOC said:
Chef996TurboS said:

Perfect, i honestly want exactly that. :thumb:

cant find for 997

J

Very very nice and sound very similar to Europipe stage 2 :thumbs:

isysman said:
Chef996TurboS said:

It was the video I made, not the exhaust.
It's made by EbWerks based in the US.

For me it had to be cat-less as I want as much drama as possible.
The only downside with the system is the drone at cruising speeds but you can easily drive around this with a lower gear.

I personally think the slash cut tips really suit the rear of the car making it look much more aggressive.

I did consider the europipe but I was also looking for a weight saving at the same time. I think this system is around 9/10kg

If I had to buy again & a more daily friendly system it would be either speedtech 2.5" xpipe or the 9e's switchable system.
Really is a tough choice as many options & tastes differ.

thejackal said:
thejackal said:
Did anyone actually fit and report back on the £400 Miltek copy/style Exhuast from Topgear?
I know forum member isoprutoron fitted the £600 Topgear exhaust (different style from above) and took it off soon after because it droned and 9e advised against a cheap 100cell pipe as it caused boost issues, but I haven't seen or heard any reports about the miltek style 200cell pipes from Topgear.

To be fair, I think we all know what the results will be...but I have one of these un-fitted and would like to know how it is before I go to the effort of getting it put on the car.

I don't even see this system listed anymore on eBay, they sold a handful of them at bargain prices, none left now, someone must have fitted one!?

This is the pipe I speak of... It was discussed as a Miltek copy, made in the same factory folks were saying..

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121846303184

Anyone have any info on the above exhaust?

$_57.JPG

Not sure if picture posted but I went for one short term as I needed to change the exhaust note. Will I keep it? Long term I will probably swap to a Kline but want to actually hear one 1st. Anyone near South Wales with a different exhaust?

Chef996TurboS said:
isysman said:
Chef996TurboS said:

It was the video I made, not the exhaust.
It's made by EbWerks based in the US.

For me it had to be cat-less as I want as much drama as possible.
The only downside with the system is the drone at cruising speeds but you can easily drive around this with a lower gear.

I personally think the slash cut tips really suit the rear of the car making it look much more aggressive.

I did consider the europipe but I was also looking for a weight saving at the same time. I think this system is around 9/10kg

If I had to buy again & a more daily friendly system it would be either speedtech 2.5" xpipe or the 9e's switchable system.
Really is a tough choice as many options & tastes differ.

Love the slash tips - very 997 and 991 RSR :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back