Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Well done Max

DRZ911

A superb achievement today by Max Verstappen at the Spanish GP. Youngest ever F1 winner. :worship:

A future world champion ? And if so, how long before he gets there?

Attachments

• max2_141.jpg
    max2_141.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 8,421
Well done to him, good win that can't be argued. If strategies hadn't been screwed up by Ferrari & Redbull I expect the natural pecking order would have been:

1. Vettel
2. Riccardo
3. A fight between Max & Kimi

It's just a shame how he has got to where he is, and how much limelight has been stolen from the likes of Sainz who has genuinely worked his way up and deserves his place far more (whereas Max has managed to elevate himself straight from karting off his dads merits). What this brings is a very dangerous arrogant young boy with no real world racing experience who could easily repeat Kyat's recent moves but far worse (remember last year?)

Somehow everyone can't stop talking about him due to his age, but the reality is Sainz kept him honest when all was fair. If i were a team manager i'd be signing up the young spaniard ASAP and avoid Max for a few years until he picks up real world experience

Regardless of my thoughts towards him, he deserves praise for todays racing. I doubt this will be his last GP win

It's just a shame how he has got to where he is, and how much limelight has been stolen from the likes of Sainz who has genuinely worked his way up and deserves his place far more (whereas Max has managed to elevate himself straight from karting off his dads merits).

I'm sorry ........ Is that the Carlos Sainz who's father was a more famous racing driver than Jos Verstappen and who actually owned the kart track where CS Junior learned to race.

What this brings is a very dangerous arrogant young boy with no real world racing experience who could easily repeat Kyat's recent moves but far worse (remember last year?)

Making no mistakes and keeping a world champion behind you for umpteen laps whilst leading a GP for the first time = PURE TALENT. Who needs real world racing experience when you're that good naturally? I've seen nothing from him that would constitute 'arrogance' beyond anything that Senna or Schumacher also showed.

Somehow everyone can't stop talking about him due to his age, but the reality is Sainz kept him honest when all was fair. If i were a team manager i'd be signing up the young spaniard ASAP and avoid Max for a few years until he picks up real world experience.

They both came through the same channels but someone who knows what they're talking about could see that Max is a quicker driver at 18 than Carlos is at 21. Today proved him right.

Sainz is one of a number of very good young drivers but today Max proved just how good he is.

shantybeater pardon my expression here but you don't half talk a lot of rot!
Anyone who climbs into an F1 car for the first time that he has barley driven and wins is a flippin genius, end of!
The people at Red Bull knew he was a talent and swapped him with Kvyat, brilliant move that paid off for them.
Future F1 world champion, no doubt about it.

T8 said:
It's just a shame how he has got to where he is, and how much limelight has been stolen from the likes of Sainz who has genuinely worked his way up and deserves his place far more (whereas Max has managed to elevate himself straight from karting off his dads merits).

I'm sorry ........ Is that the Carlos Sainz who's father was a more famous racing driver than Jos Verstappen and who actually owned the kart track where CS Junior learned to race.

What this brings is a very dangerous arrogant young boy with no real world racing experience who could easily repeat Kyat's recent moves but far worse (remember last year?)

Making no mistakes and keeping a world champion behind you for umpteen laps whilst leading a GP for the first time = PURE TALENT. Who needs real world racing experience when you're that good naturally? I've seen nothing from him that would constitute 'arrogance' beyond anything that Senna or Schumacher also showed.

Somehow everyone can't stop talking about him due to his age, but the reality is Sainz kept him honest when all was fair. If i were a team manager i'd be signing up the young spaniard ASAP and avoid Max for a few years until he picks up real world experience.

They both came through the same channels but someone who knows what they're talking about could see that Max is a quicker driver at 18 than Carlos is at 21. Today proved him right.

Sainz is one of a number of very good young drivers but today Max proved just how good he is.

What T8 said

Well done Max :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

911UK said:
T8 said:

What T8 said

Well done Max :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

+1 :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back