Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - 'The Red Baron!'

Gazc2 said:
COG no good for you Chris they would want to raise your car up by a couple of feet :D

any pics of the final ride height Chief

Ah, you read my mind Gaz :puh:

In its current guise my car isn't going to me winning any handling awards. At least its all adjustable for future owners tho!

Chris

Nice write up on CG. This is a nice summary of CG, what they do and how they do it. Their approach is to "get it right" and if that means that the car isnt ready at 17:08 then fine. Some (wise;)) people roll with this and some people get a bit upset if the car isnt ready at 17:07:59...

My car was there the week before.

It had the "ideal" set up of Bilsteins and H&R springs: but for some reason, it was very harsh, part. the rear, over bumps, almost "crashing". Suffice it to say we explored all the options in a logical manner and settled on Koni FSDs, with the H&R springs. Set up for fast road at RS ride height, car is impecable now. One theory was that the car was still quite taut having "only" 63k...who knows, they are all different, all part of the fun :thumb:

Plus you get the confidence that the components and systems have been "quality assured" in the process :lol:

Whilst clearly not in the same league as the Baron: I had the cooling fan painted in GR - looks stonking :thumb:

Ian,
Ferret Boxes "My Arse!".....I hope we can blow some heat into the cabin, more for de-misting than anything. Driving down the M42 at 7.15am with the windows down wearing a hat, scalf, body warmer and gloves looks odd to normal folk :eek:

Kris,
Looking more like 'Lightning McQueen' than a real car.....

911TEL,
Indeed, Project Blue Book is nestling next to The Baron awaiting it's turn :roll:

Paul,
The Red Crab summed it up rather well :oops:

Budflicker,
Go for it, wanging spanners is a confidence thing. The satisfaction is it's own reward. As I always say, if I can do it, then anyone can!

Frenchmeister,
I take onboard you comments about the wheels. I needed to do something different to everyone else to make the Baron, the Baron if you get me? With the center exit exhaust the Cup wheels just looked too tame, and wanting to keep it '90's' resurecting those wheels with a modern twist sort of made sense to my thinking. Not for everyone, I understand :thumb:

Chris, Gaz
Ride height as per the last list is now 128 (from 105mm).
To be honest, neither of us were truly happy with the end result/ look, but I said we have to start somewhere. It can either look good or go good....
I have chosen the latter as a starting point. When you look at the pictures above, take a close look at the lower 'A' arms, they are so far from horizontal, with bearly any movement. The car does look up a little at the front, but the back remains the same.....

Clarky,
I saw lots of pictures Pete had taken of you new P&J. Looks like you too are in good hands :bandit:

MOT time today....

The Red Baron flew through :grin:

Congrats bud :)

Mine is due end of the month :roll:

Chris

Hi Chief,

Congrats mate! Mine just passed last week too. Wheels look great :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

It's like Trigger's broom this car :dont know: when is it going to get a proper airing :?:

In fact now you've got the suspension 'Bob on' you need to let Pete give it a proper test for the seal of approval :what:

There is a meeting this weekend near Nottm. I head down your way often enough, return the compliment. If you turn up in a Porsche, I will. It would be great to see one of your cars.

MC

Zingers, PeterS will have a drive, but under supervision :schater:

Martin, would love too, but I'm planning on resurrecting Project Blue Book this weekend by getting the engine and box out. Not been invited to anything up your neck of the woods, PM me some details and I'll see what I can giggle around :thumb:

Looking Good mate, I was going to ask you about blue book, it's been a while?

Hi Ian,
Spent the afternoon labelling up the wiring loom and taking the fuel injection off ready for dropping the engine and box tomorrow if all goes according to plan...
Battery was flat in my camera, so no photos until tomozle.
All I can say is Project Blue Book is back on, big styleee :grin:

To be honest it's in better nick than my back at the mo :grin:
I recon there will be very little welding judging by what I've seen today :thumb:

Chief,

Are you & Mrs C. coming to Fastlane Sunday 22nd?

Cheers,
Paul

Sorry Paul, Just noticed your post. Myself and Mrs Chief won't make it oop Norf this time around. We will make a pilgrimage up to see you guys at some point though :thumb:

Not to worry, we'll see you soon I hope :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back