Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The 993 tour. Reviews, Stories and Pictures from May 2016.

mohitos said:
I have a feeling there will be..... :thumbs:

Absolutely 8)

count me in :sad: :sad:

Palladium said:
I am going to come next year, boys own adventure :thumb:

Let me know if you find someone daft enough to want to organise it :grin:

Hi everyone

Apologies for the delay in me saying "thank you" for the comments you've made and the photos you've shared, but since we got home I've been flat out getting ready for my next trip (the Spa Classic) which is now less than a week away!

Obviously my main objective was to make sure you all enjoyed yourselves but I can safely say that I had a great time as well Convoying through the Ardennes, the pre-dawn sprint to Stuttgart, the autobahns, seeing a lot of people bond with their cars in a way they hadn't before... so many excellent memories :thumbs:

Until next time... :wink:

Cheers,
L'rs

I can't believe it's been a week already since returning to normality :sad:
work hit me like a bit of 4x2 round the back of the head so have only just got a chance to post.

A huge thanks to Stuart and Dom for coming up with this epic trip and Ian for delivering it :thumbs:

I met so many great people all of whom were a pleasure to spend time with. Being a newbie it was refreshing that even the most seasoned pro had time to give me advice and share their experiences.

I keep looking in my rear view mirror expecting to see Phil gunning it past, last to leave first to get there #speeddemon

There were so many lovely cars which were a true credit to their owners and the convoys were just fantastic.

Special thumbs up to Kevin, Barry and Tony :thumbs:

Gave the old girl a wash at the weekend and 3 of the 4 metal emblems fell off the wheel centre caps :dont know:

PS as others have said Christian you need to go mobile in your new business venture, thanks so much for spending the time on my car at the show.

Fatboy74 said:
Gave the old girl a wash at the weekend and 3 of the 4 metal emblems fell off the wheel centre caps :dont know:

Oh no!! sorry to hear that - after my fun with the fuel tank and a wheel-arch liner blowing out after a flat-out blast on the autobahn, life back home is pretty boring :nooo:

Having said that - the metal emblems falling off my wheels when I wash them is the kind of thing that would happen to me :wink:

I thought these 993 were 'hewn from granite' :dont know: I'm revisiting my pricing model :bandit:

On a more serious and sadder note ....... has there been any news of Stimpy (Seb) and his car? ........ hopefully they both got safely back to the UK. Check in if you can with an update ....... that's if you feel like giving us an update.

I didn't see the car after the crash but I wonder if it is repairable? ..... I hope it is.

Seb it was good to meet you and sad to see you have to leave before we got to Stuttgart let alone Dinslaken.

Take care mate and I am glad you were not injured in the crash.

I am also posting this here in this thread ....... there are too many Dinslaken thread now it has become confusing ...... :(

I think one of the best and most interesting stories of the trip is about Joel (11PXF) who by his own admission is not a prolific poster here on 911uk.

When we the Cobham services bunch rocked up at the Shuttle terminal we all proceeded inside for a some nosh and coffee and wait for our shuttle. When it was called I came out to find a very ice 993 turbo parked beside me with some guy acting what I thought to be a little suspiciously around the rear of the car, I said high, nice car, and introduced myself, he then scuttled off into the terminal rather sharpish.

Anyway cut a long story shortish when we arrived at the hotel in Calais and were quickly ensconced in the bar and to be honest on the whole trip I was never first in the bar ......... Question ....... but I certainly know who was ....... "no names no pack drill" Phil ......

Well as usual with these gatherings there was the start of some very witty banter which was only to get better and better throughout the trip ....... I don't think I have laughed so much over a four day period ....... thanks guys ...... Smile

Anwyay in comes the Blue 993turbo driver with his co-pilot and they sit on the periphery of the group and I introduce myself again and engage them in conversation and one of my first questions to Joel was how long have you had the car, he looked a tad sheepish so I pressed him by saying a year? six months? ...... a month? to which he replied no less than that ........ and said he had just bought it and picked it up Paragon that very morning and had come straight to the Shuttle!!!! I said something like "***** hell" you have to tell the guys this which at that stage he was reluctant to do ....... as we were leaving for dinner he did tell the others after some pressing ....... I think he nearly got a round of applause ...... Smile

By the way Joel is a great guy but quite reserved but I hope a few of you had a chance to meet him and chat with him, I am sorry but I have forgotten the name of his co-pilot who is also a very nice guy.

Ah forgot to mention I also asked why he was acting a bit funny when I first met him in Folkstone and he said when I came out to my car he was in the process of pealing off the Paragon stickers on the rear window of the car and was caught in the act ....... I said you should leave them on as it gives the car a good provenance.

Joel and co-pilot it was pleasure to meet you both and I hope the car is well bedded in now without any fault and huge kudos to you for bringing it straight from Paragon for a trip with a load of nutters to Stuttgart/Dinslaken. :wink: :wink:

I'm fairly sure it was Joel who kindly looked after my Porsche knife so that I didn't go out to the bars "tooled up", as it were - thank you for that, Joel!

Which reminds me of Phil's reaction to me buying the steak knife "€76 for a f***ing steak knife, are you taking the p***? Let me see that...." <pauses a few seconds to look at said knife> then shouts: "WAITRESS - GET ME 4 OF THESE KNIVES!!!!"

You were certainly out knived there Toby ......... ;)

BTW ....... a very nice knife but a little too rich for my palate ........ if I were to have one of those I would have to buy the most expensive and exquisite steak to do it justice ......:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back