Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in a 993 - Goodbye Viola 4S. Hello Riviera RS.

The underside of that very pretty car is rediculously clean. Just wow.

I understand now! Thanks :)

Wow that's awesome! You must be chuffed 8)

Personal import, or has it been here a while?

Awesome. Intrigued by dry ice cleaning please tell us more and where at etc? Have you clear coated the underside with clear wax afterwards? Very impressively clean! My sunbeam lotus was similar and had bilt hamber uc wax sprayed on it after it was rebuilt. I like cars as clean as that underneath:)

Thanks Scholester :thumb:

Dom, yes really chuffed. Took a while and has caused a few sleepless nights :grin: No it's been in the country for a few year, bought through Paul at GT Classics

Chris, the cryo blasting was done while the car was in bits, liners removed etc so the preparation work was already done; process took about 5-6 hours. Yes I've had a clear wax put on since. I tried to prevent 'mission creep' setting in, but unfortunately it took hold big time :oops:

NottsRS said:
Thanks Scholester :thumb:

Dom, yes really chuffed. Took a while and has caused a few sleepless nights :grin: No it's been in the country for a few year, bought through Paul at GT Classics

Chris, the cryo blasting was done while the car was in bits, liners removed etc so the preparation work was already done; process took about 5-6 hours. Yes I've had a clear wax put on since. I tried to prevent 'mission creep' setting in, but unfortunately it took hold big time :oops:

I spent two days under mine coating the car and my eyelashes in clear wax lol! Worth it afterwards for ease of cleaning etc. That is stunning above and below. My dream car you must be chuffed.

Thanks Chris.

Tim, here's a pic of the Bilstein struts

EDIT: I have found out since they are original struts rebuilt by Bilstein in 2004 - damper test passed by Center Gravity -

Attachments

• dsc_4388percent201024x576_zpsx1noetok_350.jpg
    dsc_4388percent201024x576_zpsx1noetok_350.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 3,646
My dishwasher doesn't get things that clean :eek:

GT4, yes i'm really pleased with the finish :)

Another of the mission creep items has been replacing the door pulls and belts as they were pretty faded (originals kept of course)

edit pics re added

Attachments

• dsc_4005percent201024x576_zpsm5wo8jaz_920.jpg
    dsc_4005percent201024x576_zpsm5wo8jaz_920.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 3,645
  • dsc_4006percent201024x576_zpsjfdoliro_499.jpg
    dsc_4006percent201024x576_zpsjfdoliro_499.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 3,645
Stunning, congrats on the purchase. 993 + Riviera is one of the finest combo's ever on Pork. :cool:

C.

stuttgartmetal said:
Okay I'll bite.
How much ??????

Multiples of 25 bags I'd wager.

BTW - Very nice indeed :thumb:

So there we have it!

The infamous "25 bags" is not so much a limit of valuation as a unit of valuation.

Possibly even arbitrarily divisible too :?:

(as in "it cost me 1/357th of 25 bags to fill my car with 102 octane")

It was a fair bit more than 25 bags, let's put it that way.

Thanks Zingers and Mads :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back