Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The best exhaust for a turbo - the definitive answer please!

RJW1881 said:
Doctorima said:
I fitted Europipe to my 997 tt , fantastic aeroquality welding, no droning great sound and performance . The exhaust even comes with the tools to access awkward fittings . I combined it with a Revo reprogram that gives selectable performance, go for it and enjoy the turbo sound.

I have the europipe on my 997.1 turbo and love it. No drone, lots of induction noise at low speeds and roars a high speed. It scares other motorists in a tunnel! Would recommend it to any turbo owner, very distinctive sound.

^^^^^^^
I agree with the above. I have the stage 2 system with 100 cel cats. I did have a bit of drone for the first two or three weeks and then it stopped altogether. The sound however is amazing from low revs all the way up. It's expensive but is really value for money and the emissions at MOT were better than standard exhaust.

DynoMike said:
isysman said:
Put a quick video together to show the sound of the Kline. You really need to hear it for real but if you have some decent speakers it will give a good example.

That's the best video I have seen conveying the sound of a Kline- I heard one at Anglesey last year; it sounded a lot better than the 997 GT3 I had followed all the way there.

I recognise those roads and lanes too, driven down them many times on the way to/from Oulton, just not at that speed :hand:

Strangely I've had no updates from this thread so I never replied to any questions, so apologies for that.

You are correct on the roads, well done for recognising them. I wondered if anyone would guess them but seeing them going backwards it's not easy. Yeah I was going some - testing exhaust note though!

I don't currently have an in car video so I wouldn't have been able to upload one anyway. Should be getting car back tomorrow so I'll be able to do a better video.

Lamb said:
TwinBoost said:
Overpowered by road noise a little, but here's a quick clip of a tunnel run with mine. Taken in the cabin with the windows cracked. I wouldn't recommend this exhaust for anything other than a weekend car.

What exhaust is that? ... sounds awesome!

Thanks, it's a speedtech. They do a few different versions - that is a 3" Xpipe with no muffler. It currently has 100 cell cats but I'm paying serious thought to going catless.

http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/

DaveH911 said:
RJW1881 said:
Doctorima said:
I fitted Europipe to my 997 tt , fantastic aeroquality welding, no droning great sound and performance . The exhaust even comes with the tools to access awkward fittings . I combined it with a Revo reprogram that gives selectable performance, go for it and enjoy the turbo sound.

I have the europipe on my 997.1 turbo and love it. No drone, lots of induction noise at low speeds and roars a high speed. It scares other motorists in a tunnel! Would recommend it to any turbo owner, very distinctive sound.

^^^^^^^
I agree with the above. I have the stage 2 system with 100 cel cats. I did have a bit of drone for the first two or three weeks and then it stopped altogether. The sound however is amazing from low revs all the way up. It's expensive but is really value for money and the emissions at MOT were better than standard exhaust.

Another vote for EP2 - great sound. Does seem to be more restrictive than Capristo its sister cars are running which seem to be quicker. :thumb:

thejackal said:
Did anyone actually fit and report back on the £400 Miltek copy/style Exhuast from Topgear?
I know forum member isoprutoron fitted the £600 Topgear exhaust (different style from above) and took it off soon after because it droned and 9e advised against a cheap 100cell pipe as it caused boost issues, but I haven't seen or heard any reports about the miltek style 200cell pipes from Topgear.

To be fair, I think we all know what the results will be...but I have one of these un-fitted and would like to know how it is before I go to the effort of getting it put on the car.

I don't even see this system listed anymore on eBay, they sold a handful of them at bargain prices, none left now, someone must have fitted one!?

This is the pipe I speak of... It was discussed as a Miltek copy, made in the same factory folks were saying..

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121846303184

Anyone have any info on the above exhaust?

$_57.JPG

thejackal said:
thejackal said:
Did anyone actually fit and report back on the £400 Miltek copy/style Exhuast from Topgear?
I know forum member isoprutoron fitted the £600 Topgear exhaust (different style from above) and took it off soon after because it droned and 9e advised against a cheap 100cell pipe as it caused boost issues, but I haven't seen or heard any reports about the miltek style 200cell pipes from Topgear.

To be fair, I think we all know what the results will be...but I have one of these un-fitted and would like to know how it is before I go to the effort of getting it put on the car.

I don't even see this system listed anymore on eBay, they sold a handful of them at bargain prices, none left now, someone must have fitted one!?

This is the pipe I speak of... It was discussed as a Miltek copy, made in the same factory folks were saying..

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121846303184

Anyone have any info on the above exhaust?

$_57.JPG

I'd say you get what you pay for. At the risk of sounding elitist, I wouldn't want to put something inexpensive on my 911 Turbo.

I hear that loud and clear, however, list price was £1395..which is still cheap. Im in your camp though, I suspect it will be compromised.

I ask because a few forum folks bought them at the same time as I did, but there have been zero road reports.. I have been waiting for someone else to report before I put this one on.. I wouldn't like to put it on and then have to pay to swap it out again...that would be an expensive exercise. :?:

TwinBoost said:
Anyone able to shoot flames with their exhaust? :bandit:

you mean like this :lol:
could cost you a fortune in paint, i mean, imagine if this happened when reversing rather rapidly :floor:

Attachments

• sportec_911_on_fire_141.jpeg
    sportec_911_on_fire_141.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 5,815
Not sure on flames but would think on the 9e exhaust you would be able to see the cats glow though the tailpipe when the bypass valve is open.

TwinBoost said:
IMI A said:
just remove cats and you get flames lol :D

This is what I hear.

Hopefully not on the scale of that rwb though!

whats on the 9e 30 power kit TB? How fast did you go at VMAX W? :thumb:

IMI A said:
TwinBoost said:
IMI A said:

This is what I hear.

It's a standard (?!) 9e30 with a non 9e exhaust. I got 190 with a fat passenger, half a tank and a clutch-kind getaway (it's a manual). I think Ken wants to put a final tune on it also.

Only did that once because I'm on stock brakes and had to use the run off area! :floor: Backed off at 185 each time after that.

To be honest I can't imagine needing more power really. It's already too fast for the road for me.

TwinBoost said:
IMI A said:
TwinBoost said:
IMI A said:

This is what I hear.

It's a standard (?!) 9e30 with a non 9e exhaust. I got 190 with a fat passenger, half a tank and a clutch-kind getaway (it's a manual). I think Ken wants to put a final tune on it also.

Only did that once because I'm on stock brakes and had to use the run off area! :floor: Backed off at 185 each time after that.

To be honest I can't imagine needing more power really. It's already too fast for the road for me.

Aren't you turbos tricked up hybrids?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back