Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The 993 tour. Reviews, Stories and Pictures from May 2016.

Great trip and thanks to Stuart and Dom for thinking of it and Longers and crew for getting it sorted. Some great hotels and food. Some superb company and did I mention, I quite enjoyed the driving too!!

Classic Remise was great. Getting on at the tunnel slow, and drove home though some quite wet weather. Showed how good it had been while away. Will check miles and mpg later, enjoying looking through pics for now.

Great trip, (tryp) and some superb memories. Thanks!

PS - I've got 'the' cold too.

It would be remiss of me not to document the fact that when Rob (LondonRob) trashed his fan belt at Circuit de Chimay, he was inundated with offers of a spare and people with not only the expertise but the tools to change it in the restaurant car park! All fixed while the rest of us enjoyed lunch.

Attachments

• 20160428_133644_530.jpg
    20160428_133644_530.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 412
I think this captured all our 993's at Circuit de Chimay.

Attachments

• 20160428_124851_140.jpg
    20160428_124851_140.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 401
Deep cleaned the car today after 6 of the most grueling and filthy days it's ever had. It's wearing many little battle scars from the repeated hard use, but I wouldn't trade back. The trip was utterly brilliant, and the car performed faultlessly.

Feels odd not covering 2-400 miles a day at warp speed. Had gotten quite in to it.

Attachments

• image_140.jpeg
    image_140.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 382
where was T8's lovely 997 Turbo?! Was he banned from pictures?

TJW964 said:
Great trip and thanks to Stuart and Dom for thinking of it and Longers and crew for getting it sorted. Some great hotels and food. Some superb company and did I mention, I quite enjoyed the driving too!!

Classic Remise was great. Getting on at the tunnel slow, and drove home though some quite wet weather. Showed how good it had been while away. Will check miles and mpg later, enjoying looking through pics for now.

Great trip, (tryp) and some superb memories. Thanks!

PS - I've got 'the' cold too.

What is this cold you speak of?

Jcx said:

This is the 993 thread. A few 'non-beard and sandally types' tagged along but the 2 x kettle groups didn't meet up with them until Saturday night.

T8 said:
Jcx said:

This is the 993 thread. A few 'non-beard and sandally types' tagged along but the 2 x kettle groups didn't meet up with them until Saturday night.

Well I hope you all played nicely with each other. Did you have to park separately? When was the dinslaken day? Saturday or Sunday?

TJW964 said:

+1

Jcx said:
Well I hope you all played nicely with each other. Did you have to park separately? When was the dinslaken day? Saturday or Sunday?

We all parked together at The Tryp Hotel for 2 nights (Saturday and Sunday) and at the Dinslaken showground on the Sunday.

The hotel car-park group photos were spoiled by various non-P cars on Saturday but on Sunday night it was virtually all 911uk.comers.

Zorro/Paul, Nathan, Milsub/Tony & Barryn/Barry

Attachments

• nathan_and_nathans_dad_190.jpg
    nathan_and_nathans_dad_190.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 430
  • 20160501_232807_143.jpg
    20160501_232807_143.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 430
Now that is a true rogues gallery :thumbs:

It's funny how you build a mental picture of people for it to be nothing like reality, you all look so........normal :eek:

I hope Zingari has been suitably retrained on 993 pricing :?:

Tobesetc said:
This one's in need of another name, but until someone puts me right, I present:

Nathan and... Nathan's Dad!

Zorro is the good looking one in red.

Thank you everyone for not stealing my ignition key which was left in the ignition lock for the entire trip and thanks to London Rob for actually getting it to fit in the lock at Calais.

Updated and one more added - thanks "Nathan's Dad"! :thumb:

Zorro said:
Thank you everyone for not stealing my ignition key which was left in the ignition lock for the entire trip and thanks to London Rob for actually getting it to fit in the lock at Calais.

I'd like to claim some kind of mechanical genius was involved here but I doubt I'd get away with it.

Tobesetc said:
It would be remiss of me not to document the fact that when Rob (LondonRob) trashed his fan belt at Circuit de Chimay, he was inundated with offers of a spare and people with not only the expertise but the tools to change it in the restaurant car park! All fixed while the rest of us enjoyed lunch.

I will be forever grateful to the offers of fan-belts, tools and time spent to keep my car with the rest of the group. The kind of experience that makes this sort of trip what it is. :worship:

That lunch in Chimay seems a very long time ago now. Spent the day trying to concentrate on work between bouts of yawning and sneezing and spluttering with highway's cold.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back