Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2 or 964 Turbo for collector

I'm biased but I'd keep the GT2. However if it's an investment you'll need to have to put it back to standard before you sell it. (Assuming you are in the UK). There's a few mods on it that people may not like, or should I say people don't like mods on these types of cars even if they improve the look.

Is the car having a clear wrap in those photos?

Keep the GT2 and you should collect the original GT2/GT3RS wheels to have them when you will sell the car in the future.

In terms of investment IMHO 964 3.3L Turbo has alrady gained its value so the possible increase is rather small, where the 997 GT2 is still undervalued and has a lot to gain. GT2 may be the last of manual metzger GT2 (if Porsche will skip it and go stright to 991 GT2RS with PDK) and taking its rarity (only 1155 were produced) it could turn to be a good investment in the future.

Boba fett said:
uwiik said:
Here are some pics of the GT2 having custom exhaust measured and some TLC. Sorry for crappy pics.

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

Blimey your brave sending it to a garage like that, and what was being done on the second picture?

The workshop is actually very neat, epoxy last lined to the wall and very knowledgable, they regularly service and rebuild rare cars such as 1973 911, Aston Martin DB5, 1973 confirmed original RS, and whatnot. Just today they have new patient, a 964 Turbo S Slantnose, crazy car! The picture was from the side lane they are using for dirty work. Wouldn't trust anyone else at least in Indonesia.

Sorry for not posting for a while, been busy with work and whatnot.

The PO, unfortunately until recently when the sale took place, never realised the value of what he had and sold the original wheels, rear bumper, rear taillight to somebody, I got hold of that somebody and he did not want to sell the wheels back to me and also already ruined the rear bumper. Not worried too much about that because the wheels and rear bumper are still available from Porsche and popping up at EBay regularly.

After all the encouraging feedback here, I actually decided to keep my GT2 and try to save enough money quick enough to buy that 964 Turbo. However, there was a young gun I met today that literally begged me to sell him my GT2 for a really good profit, he even threw me a list of his collections for exchange which is awesome, then I realised the actual value of my car with the right person, you are all right, GT2 is still undervalued and I really think many people are like me, regardless of whether Porsche will release another GT2 manual box 991 or not, drew the line on 997. To me 991 looks too much like a VW interior wise and will never be a classic/collectable car. I told the young chap simple, "I do not want money, give me a pristine 964 3.6 Turbo and we will exchange key and title". He is busy calling all his friends tonight LOL!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back