Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 6 pot pads - options

NLW73

Running rs29s all round. Fronts are about 2/3s worn so will change soon.

Car rarely goes on track and maybe once a year.

Anyone else running sth different like carbon Lorraine or performance friction?

Got a wales trip and alps run later in year.

Thoughts? Comments?

Ta, nick

If it isn't seeing significant track time then it doesn't really matter that much to be honest - at once a year, even factory pads will last you 3 years a set...

Endless MX72s are the best I have ever used but aren't even nearly worth the hilarious price premium. Factory ones are okay for road use but don't last on track and aren't the greatest value and I didn't find any benefit in going to different Pagids (such as when I tried the RSL1). Basically - I've tried a fair few over the years and always end up back with the RS29 as the best price/performance compromise (though I never did get as far as trying Performance Friction, which plenty of others are happy with).

Only thing i would not advocate is race and road pads mixed front and rear. different bite characteristics could be interesting...

I just got into bother with this on my m3.

Currently using CL RC6's and they are brilliant in my GT3. The only downside I have found is that they squeal al low speed, but then I've had RS29's that did similar.

The other option is the CL RC5, which I am told is a little more road friendly but will still work well on track.

Thanks all for your comments. Wow those endless pads are ££.

Senoj good point on mixing pads so will look into characteristics. If I was going to swap it would be close to the pagid anyway.

CL RC6 is very similar to the rs29. The 5 is the other option

NLW73 said:
Thanks all for your comments. Wow those endless pads are ££.

Senoj good point on mixing pads so will look into characteristics. If I was going to swap it would be close to the pagid anyway.

CL RC6 is very similar to the rs29. The 5 is the other option

I have a set of RC6 in the garage doing nowt, used for 20 laps of goodwood only. Pm me if of interest.

Senoj said:
Only thing i would not advocate is race and road pads mixed front and rear. different bite characteristics could be interesting...

IM running PF Discs and pads at the front and pccb and not had trouble in mine. Granted its not a track slag and more road warrior but...

kingston said:
Senoj said:

IM running PF Discs and pads at the front and pccb and not had trouble in mine. Granted its not a track slag and more road warrior but...

They wont get hot enough on the road to notice. Steel front pccb rears?

Oliver said:
Currently using CL RC6's and they are brilliant in my GT3. The only downside I have found is that they squeal al low speed, but then I've had RS29's that did similar.

The other option is the CL RC5, which I am told is a little more road friendly but will still work well on track.

I use CL RC6s on my race cars. Easily the best in terms of stopping power, bite, progressiveness etc. But it will feck up your paint! Been there done that, got the polisher out and the cutting pad...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back