Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CGT4 CS - tested in Autocar

tim993

Zandvoort
Firstly they look like an absolute bargain at est.£105k, given they are a turn key race ready sportscar.

I've read on dailysportscar that there have been supply problems and Porsche had even cancelled orders where they suspect someone is buying the car to immediately sell on (good on them - let's have the same approach to road cars!). I reckon collectors have probably also clogged up the order books.

Anyhow, the Autocar article is in this week's edition and is really quite interesting:

Does actually start life on the main production line
PDK 'box with just 6 speeds
FIA roll cage and other race prep done by Manthey Racing
Still has adjustable steering wheel and can be ordered with a/c
Designed such that it doesn't need to be run by a race shop Etc.

It surely can't be long before a few of these are road registered and used as track-day toys? Given the engine is the same as in the road GT4, I can't imagine passing emissions rules would be a problem. It's going to be something like a handbrake or other bits needed, then one presumes some sort of SVA test.

tim

From what I have read, supply is being prioritised to racing teams that they know will race them and they are eligible for quite a few series so it may be a while before they start showing up anywhere as toys (I'd think a couple of years minimum). As you say though - having had a very close look at them you can see that they have a lot more in common with the road car than a Cup and I can't see any reason why it would be difficult or overly expensive to make one road legal in the UK.

i really do hop they go to people who are actually going to race them - first and foremost. But at that price, they will be very tempting to other buyers. I'd love to know the exact figures, but compared to even a GT3 cup car they are much cheaper. And I imagine they are just the rounding of what a full on GTE car would cost! Not they they bear any comparison or course. Its just great to see Porsche continue to support motorsport at every level.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back