Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reg

Jay Man said:
I was amazed at some of the prices achieved recently at the DVLA sales.

+1

some of the plates that seemed total crap to me still sold for 2 or 3 grand!

carkid said:
Jay Man said:
I was amazed at some of the prices achieved recently at the DVLA sales.

+1

some of the plates that seemed total crap to me still sold for 2 or 3 grand!

Agreed, absolute nonsense, if people are speculating to make money on them im sure they will be taking a bath. If you have to have that number because its your initials, the year of your birth or something similar then they can be priceless. But finding that one person can be difficult. That said, my mate (Milesy) sold M111ESY recently via reg transfers and got £1k for it, they must have sold it for closer to £1,500. He bought it for £250 from the dvla 10 years ago. It took about 3 years to sell but it was an offer he couldn't refuse.

Kimbo said:
The jokers on here, tch. :grin:

I reckon it's worth a lot more than that. Add a zero? Porsche plates are in demand, especially air-cooled ones.

I like your way of thinking Kimbo 8) the plate came with the car I'm not after selling it but looking on eBay the P#0HCE Plates are around £1500-£1800 at min and looks like P### HCE are £500-800

Not it to plates myself but will will retain this for myself when I sell the car or it's a bonus for the next owner of the car and may help the sale when the time comes.

Thanks for you comments people this plate stuff does make me laugh but as said there worth what someone will pay may it be 250 or 2k it's a crazy world :grin:

Thanks Chimp but keeping it for all bit yet but got to admit you killed my plate for me a bit mate :lol:

scalesy said:
it's a crazy world :grin:

It's a crazy world.

And a funny old game.

There's a chap on here called Zingari who's a plate collector. Might be worth contacting him. He's fair with his prices.

Mr Pub said:
We havn't had a good plate thread for a while :D

They always remind me of the viz top tip:
"Save money on expensive personalised car number plates by simply changing your name to match your existing plate. - Mr. KVL 741Y" :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back