Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wipers

Chillout

Trainee
Could someone recommend me a good set of wipers? I just got a 2008 Cayman S and the fitted wipers are useless, I'm not sure if they are the originals or not. Thanks,

A few weeks ago I fitted PIAA SUPER SPORZA SILCON WIPERS on my 997 a little adjustment to get them not touching the scuttle and touching the windscreen on the outside end but with care they do bend a little fitted a 22" drivers side and 21" off side, I used the ones with the little wing both sides helps keep them on the glass.
Fantastic wipers the best I have ever fitted they were recommended to me on here , they apply a tiny amount of silicon to the glass when wiping causing the water to bead and run off. they are a bit more money than others but well worth it. :grin: :thumb: hope that helps

http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipers.asp

ps welcome to the forum but where are the pics of your car :useless: :grin: :thumb:

Thanks for the info chaps, Ill give them a look.

Attachments

• img_0341_209.jpg
    img_0341_209.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 3,726
Lovely car :thumb: :bandit:

Thanks, my first Porsche and absolutely loving it...

Make sure you buy the correct size. they are different for each side.
22" driver side should have a blade attached, 21" pax side is slightly curved.
After using mine for the first time at the weekend, I noticed the blades
were both 18" :dont know: New ones arrived today so will fit them tomorrow.

the PIAA ones I suggested both have a blade but as mentioned one is 22" and one is 21" and the PAX side you can very slightly gently bend so its not touching the scuttle and the top tip in touching the glass , it took me 30 seconds to tweak it and as both have blades the contact with the glass is fantastic and the silicon on them makes the water just bead and run clear. As I said they are a bit more money but well worth it as they are the best I have ever fitted to any car. If you prefer the more stock look then get the pax PIAA one with no blade. :thumb:

Have to say I'm one for replacing wipers with original Porsche ones. Yes, they're expensive at about £40 (you can only buy them as a pair). However, they're the only ones that have a curved blade for the passenger side. The Halfords and Bosch alternatives are not curved and consequently don't clear the screen properly. New Porsche ones work out of the box and 40 quid is nothing for 2 or 3 years of use.

Maybe the PIAA ones work OK because they're more flexible but they just don't look right on the car to me.

Boxsey said:
The ..... Bosch alternatives are not curved and consequently don't clear the screen properly. New Porsche ones work out of the box and 40 quid is nothing for 2 or 3 years of use.

I've just replaced my wiper blades with Bosch Superplus 22s [with blade]
& Bosch Superplus SP21 JS [Curved]. Cost £23 pair.
Good news, the 'wrong' blades that were on my car are the correct ones
for my missus 4x4. Happy days. :lol:

Boxsey said:
Love yer recycling work there TB! :D

Been thinking of ways to recycle the missus but maybe will go for
a trade-in for a new model. 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000