Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 road trip to the Porsche Museum and Dinslaken show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longers said:
Looking good Stuart.
What's your tyre strategy - full wets, inters..... or slicks and hope for a dry line?!

What a dilemma. Follow you on inters, and risk stone chips. Or take the front on full wets :dont know:

I'm at the tyre place getting shod with fresh PS2's. Nothing like last minute. Still not packed.

Yes. It's fine only a 3 hrs drive to Folkstone :what:

Stage 1 complete :thumb:

I've made it as far as Warwick in glorious sunshine with the sunroof open. Just taking in a Starbucks and a Eccles cake whilst I wait for the G4S drop off. They should have 25 in the van :what:

I'm still running on the Avon tyres on 40psi and better than the Bridgestones I took off :what:

jonttt said:
Zingari said:
jonttt said:
You do realise Zingari will be taking a job lot of "For Sale £25,000" signs :nooo:

:hand: Not needed as I'm thinking of buying GT4's car :floor:

I was not aware there where share options at 25 bags :dont know:

There are, but given the asking price wasn't exactly divisible by 25, I wondered, after rounding, what he'd do with his quarter?

Finally packed

Please keep posting updates and photos guys.
Bon Voyage.
Tombri

Maybe we should have a central photo thread? Just an idea whilst I sit here at Folkstone Services eating sweets and waiting for check-in to open where I'll meet the evening contingent.

Tombri said:
Please keep posting updates and photos guys.
Bon Voyage.
Tombri
+1 definitely :useless:
then i can crack a few cans and look at what might have been :sad:

At the moment were too busy in the bar for pics and there's a queue for valuations :what:

Also had I not followed somebody else to this gaff my sat nav was directing me to some place 94 miles from Calais terminal and not the 5 mile trip it took to the right hotel :roll:

Somewhere on the North Sea, destination Rotterdam.....Force 6, listening to some God awful cabaret singer's rendition of Uptown Funk, late night disco about to get underway....and some Dutch trucker seems to want me for his wife tonight! See you all tomorrow lunchtime...in Belgium.....hopefully!

You think you've got problems Bob? I've been forced to stand in the bar drinking beer all night. Not my kind of evening at all ...

See you in Chimay :wink:

3.45 am ....... Just about to jump in the shower and I will make an early start for Stuutgart, go to be there 9.30am so don't think i will do convoy but push off early on my own. Tralee safe you guys who are your way today, see y'all at the Tryp tomorrow. Our trip has been so far quite ev eventful!!

Andy, that's a stupid time of day to be awake. What sane person would be up at such a stupid time during a weekend away? Oh, hang on... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back