Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 road trip to the Porsche Museum - channel crossings plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car has been cleaned ....... and ooking pretty tidy ....... well "good enough for folk music" as an old musician friend of mine used to say ....... ;)

MilSub said:
HPNer said:
Stimpy said:
Now, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for cheap euro breakdown cover? Not that she'll falter of course :D , but it could be a wise thing.
:

Great work on getting the car ready - top job! :worship:

I took out a "Membership Plus" policy with ADAC in Germany over the phone last week, full Euro cover plus ADAC have partner companies in the rest of Europe, their partner company in the UK is the AA - freephone number in the UK too. It was 84 euros plus 4 euros joining fee. After reading a load of ADAC reviews, it met my requirements (full repatriation of me and the car back to the UK if the worst happens abroad, no age limit on the car and I'm personally covered for any car as driver or passenger) all things considered it seemed like a good deal to me. Cover starts the day after you take the policy out.

Great! Their the ones I'd heard of but forgotten! Will ring them later :).
Just out on a test drive but sat in flipping traffic outside Silverstone , hmpf :-(

Think there are a few numbers listed for taking out the cover over the phone, a few didn't work but the one that worked for me is 00 49 94 15 23 44 not much waiting, only a few adverts in German.

I just asked for an English speaking agent when they answered - whole process was very easy.

Viel Glück! :)

Cool. Didn't get a chance today, looks like it can be done online. Will try that later else be on the phone in the morning :).

madalaa said:
Car has been cleaned ....... and ooking pretty tidy ....... well "good enough for folk music" as an old musician friend of mine used to say ....... ;)

I'd dig out that duffle coat - you're going to need it :what:

I've just thrown the Barbour in :grin:

Indeed ...... and I have packed some thermals as back up ...... unfortunately I will be leaving the sandals at home this time round.

Heck, I'm banking on Pacific uniform, not North Atlantic . . .!
Shorts and plimsoles packed . . . 8)

I reckon by the time the late shuttle arrive I will be well watered and fed and off to bed ........ :)

Andy - don't tell me you are doing a Fulla and leaving the bar early?

Aside from diverzeusy having to drop out at the last minute it was great that you all made it to Calais on schedule.

Please share your stories and pictures on this thread.

====> The 993 Tour 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back