Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Portacraft Porsche Feedback / Review 2014-2016

Refusing a PPI?

They have always seemed a bit 'rough and ready' but it does seem a strange stance to take.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Refusing a PPI?

They have always seemed a bit 'rough and ready' but it does seem a strange stance to take.
Not really, how many people actually request a PPI when buying? Not many I'd wager, so from their point of view it's probably not worth the hassle sending the car off to Jaz, haggling over the issues that the inspection throws up, etc.

Also Jaz are extremely thorough, when I took my car there for a major service they came up with a whole A4 sheets worth of points, and I thought my car was in pretty good nick. They even pointed out that my car had non-standard wipers.

Halcyon said:
But if they don't want anyone wanting to have a PPI done, then wouldn't you walk away anyway?

whether or not to have a PPI done should be the buyer's decision, not the sellers :?:

Having a PPI done is good practice and is the buyer's prerogative BUT ....

If I was a dealer and had two (or more) prospective buyers I'd give far less priority to the one that wanted a PPI done before agreeing a price especially if I knew they hadn't even viewed the car.

If I had no other interested parties it would be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back