Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 road trip to the Porsche Museum - channel crossings plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has everyone finished cleaning their car? Andy will be giving out prizes and there's a wooden spoon for anyone showing up without a Wiper Widget! ;-)

I haven't even thought about cleaning mine ........ until I have a definitive weather forecast ........ ;)

Widgets!! ....... god forbid there is not a 993 without one ....... :eh!:

I even cleaned the white polish residue out of the cracks because I'm still traumatised by the first time I met you! ;-)

About bloody time Toby ......... white wax residue is just not on old chap ....... ;)

Hi Kevin(Kat1)
Check your pm's re timings :thumb:

Tobesetc said:
Has everyone finished cleaning their car? Andy will be giving out prizes and there's a wooden spoon for anyone showing up without a Wiper Widget! ;-)
:coat:

There are so many Dinslaken threads now I am getting confused to where I have read something ....... but I did see a few messages somewhere regarding meeting at Cobham services around 11.00am on Wednesday ...... I will be there ...... :)

Not long to go now ....... three big sleeps ...... ;)

madalaa said:
There are so many Dinslaken threads now I am getting confused to where I have read something ....... but I did see a few messages somewhere regarding meeting at Cobham services around 11.00am on Wednesday ...... I will be there ...... :)

Not long to go now ....... three big sleeps ...... ;)
Excellent, see you there. :thumbs:

Just bringing the car down now..Three hours and fourty minutes of driving so far today and it has rained for three of them :nooo:
Wednesday is sooo close now.

:thumbs:

Amendment to timings so I can have a lie in:

27th April

14:20

1. diverzeusy
2. kat1
3. HPNer
4. Millomboy
5. Milsub
6. graemho
7. jd2
8. Madalaa
09. Barryn
10. Tdiquattro
11. Fatboy74

15:50

1. Zingari
2. TJW964

19:50

1. mohitos
2. dommorton
3. highway
4. zorro
5. Londonrob
6. TobesEtc
7. Lazerbeams
8. Dosa
9. Longers

:grin:

Well lads, she's up and running!.. Had my first proper drive on the weekend and got the geo done.

Just ironing out a few things today then hoping to wash her later as she is proper dirty!!

Now, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for cheap euro breakdown cover? Not that she'll falter of course :D , but it could be a wise thing.

Right, off to the garage :thumb:

Stimpy said:
Now, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for cheap euro breakdown cover? Not that she'll falter of course :D , but it could be a wise thing.
:

Good man!
:thumb:
Are you an AA member? If so, you could get 2 free days' cover and just pay for the remaining days.
Got mine on that basis with the AA, cost me around £60 for the trip.

HPNer said:
Stimpy said:
:

Great work on getting the car ready - top job! :worship:

I took out a "Membership Plus" policy with ADAC in Germany over the phone last week, full Euro cover plus ADAC have partner companies in the rest of Europe, their partner company in the UK is the AA - freephone number in the UK too. It was 84 euros plus 4 euros joining fee. After reading a load of ADAC reviews, it met my requirements (full repatriation of me and the car back to the UK if the worst happens abroad, no age limit on the car and I'm personally covered for any car as driver or passenger) all things considered it seemed like a good deal to me. Cover starts the day after you take the policy out.

MilSub said:
HPNer said:
Stimpy said:
:

Great work on getting the car ready - top job! :worship:

I took out a "Membership Plus" policy with ADAC in Germany over the phone last week, full Euro cover plus ADAC have partner companies in the rest of Europe, their partner company in the UK is the AA - freephone number in the UK too. It was 84 euros plus 4 euros joining fee. After reading a load of ADAC reviews, it met my requirements (full repatriation of me and the car back to the UK if the worst happens abroad, no age limit on the car and I'm personally covered for any car as driver or passenger) all things considered it seemed like a good deal to me. Cover starts the day after you take the policy out.

Superb deal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back