Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT2RS Spotted!

I cant see GTx and 4WD in the same sentence personally. Have you been on the Merlot Disco? :D

Senoj said:
I cant see GTx and 4WD in the same sentence personally. Have you been on the Merlot Disco? :D

Nope - just find it inconceivable that Porsche would make a GT2 that is slower than a Turbo. Given that the Turbo is traction limited at takeoff there is simply no way that a 2WD car sharing the same chassis would keep up with it. In turn aero will strip any benefit of extra power in the mid and top end. Do you really think that they will make a GT2 which will lose at Top Trumps to a Turbo (not even an S)? Really?

It wasn't so long ago when the notion of PDK and rear steer on a GT car was utterly implausible. Then the 991 changed what the GT3 was and that all went out the window. I am expecting a GT2 which will be built first and foremost to be fast. Sub 3 seconds to 60, around 10 to the quarter mile and 200 on the top with the ability to corner tangibly faster than a 488. I expect Porsche to use everything that they've got - 4wd included - to get that.

Disco said:
Senoj said:

Nope - just find it inconceivable that Porsche would make a GT2 that is slower than a Turbo. Given that the Turbo is traction limited at takeoff there is simply no way that a 2WD car sharing the same chassis would keep up with it. In turn aero will strip any benefit of extra power in the mid and top end. Do you really think that they will make a GT2 which will lose at Top Trumps to a Turbo (not even an S)? Really?

It wasn't so long ago when the notion of PDK and rear steer on a GT car was utterly implausible. Then the 991 changed what the GT3 was and that all went out the window. I am expecting a GT2 which will be built first and foremost to be fast. Sub 3 seconds to 60, around 10 to the quarter mile and 200 on the top with the ability to corner tangibly faster than a 488. I expect Porsche to use everything that they've got - 4wd included - to get that.

Nah, can't see it. They have learned ultimate lap time aint the thing anymore. They have learned that it being "slower" than a turbo wont matter to their customers. Somewhere between the 991RS and the turbo S will be fine and it must handle to impress, the turbo hasnt been a press darling and they will want this to be (gt cars have to be) all will sell regardless of outright fastness.

Lets see, hope you are wrong :p

Totally. Besides that Henessy Exige thingy isn't 4WD and that accelerates faster than God :bandit:

Didn't somebody from Porsche admit last year that it wouldn't be possible to make a 2wd car faster than the 4wd? I thought this was the main reason that a GT2 might not appear.

I won't be surprised if it's 4wd. I will be surprised if they don't go for the headline figures with this one, they've done the drivers cars now (911R, GT4) so this is more likely to be something insanely fast.

How do McLaren manage to get the P1s power down through 2 wheels?

Well all the way that's the new GT2RS. The Turbo S is good for 205mph, this
will be as fast but with a ton more aero...cor I really fancy one ! 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back