Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Deposits for 991.2 GT3. Anyone done it?

FZP

Hi all,
Went on to the Porsche site and the 991.1 GT3 has finally disappeared from the configurator, leading me to believe it should be updated shortly with the 991.2. Has anyone slapped down a deposit for it as yet. What are OPC'S saying unofficially.
Everytime I have a conversation about GT cars with my local I get the, "You guys are more up to date than we are. The first we know about it is when you tell us."
It still brings tears to my eyes how cheap anan RS is new😭

I bumped my deposit for the r on to the next RS. No idea on when gen 2 GT3 is out though

The way in which your OPC was communicating with you, it sounded like you were a shoe in for the R. I was surprised to hear that you didn't get an allocation.
The .2RS is a good 2yrs away at least?

Any dealer taking deposits, thought they weren't allowed till it was announced??

FZP said:
The way in which your OPC was communicating with you, it sounded like you were a shoe in for the R. I was surprised to hear that you didn't get an allocation.
The .2RS is a good 2yrs away at least?

Shows what I know eh :sad:

I know it is a way off but at least this way I am practically guaranteed to get one.

Once it is announced how long before getting a deposit down (if you can) and delivery do you reckon there'll be? :dont know:

habanero said:
Once it is announced how long before getting a deposit down (if you can) and delivery do you reckon there'll be? :dont know:

Once announced, which believe me, won't be until March 2017, deliveries
in mainland Europe will be three to four months later. The cycles for GT cars
are pretty constant ie last registered 997 gen 1 (2008), earliest 997 gen 2
Autumn 2009. 991 GT3 announced Geneva 2013, first cars delivered Autumn
2013....then the engine recall Jan/Feb 2014 put the delivery process back by
7/8 months. They were still building 991GT3's in 2015...the RS was supposed
to be released somewhat earlier than Geneva 2015, and mine still hasn't
turned up !. The next GTinstall end will be the GT2RS...then it'll be the second
generation 991 GT3... :thumb:

I'd say Autumn 2017 to see that one actually on he road.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back