Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rob's seal grey C2 update thread.....

I have noticed a very small oil patch on the ground recently - looks like it is coming from here - right in the middle of the picture.
Anyone care to comment on the source of the leak and solution?

The drive shaft looks to be the obvious culprit - is it a seal that needs to be replaced?
Thanks in advance.

IMG_20160327_185548631_zpsaabeppy0.jpg

Looking good overall Rob, I'd not have that logo on the lid personally as it looks better without IMO. Have you thought about adding the dark triangular patch thing on the panel in front of the rear wheels. It gives a turbo look.

Soryy can't help re oil leak. Hope it is something simple and easy to rectify.

Rob - think I have a pair of new Porsche 'sharks fins' that were due to go on my 3.2, but never fitted.
Let me know if you're interested.
Ben

Latest purchase - on the way to me....

92903c01ad41654726f02daa429f886e_zpsavklpugd.jpg

:thumbs:

Think they'll look great!
What size?

They are 18s (same as now) - 8.5 inch front and 10inch rear.
I should be able to swap tyres from existing wheels.

Love the wheels Rob, look forward to some pics when you have them fitted!

Would be interested to know what the difference in sound is with the new headers?

DucatiRob said:

Would be interested to know what the difference in sound is with the new headers?

None I have noticed tbh. Then again I already have a gundo hack and cold air induction kit so I wasn't expecting any (or be able to hear it!).
The manifolds look pretty much the same so would you expect a difference in sound?

rob_p said:
DucatiRob said:

None I have noticed tbh. Then again I already have a gundo hack and cold air induction kit so I wasn't expecting any (or be able to hear it!).
The manifolds look pretty much the same so would you expect a difference in sound?

Rob as you had the 3.6 manifolds they apparently crackle and pop more than the 3.8 manifolds ,so you might not notice a huge difference through the merge collector whereas the difference would be more noticeable on the 3.8 ie more crackles and pops.
But as the stainless is thinner than the stock you would expect it to be as little louder / deeper note. But as you say with a gundo and induction you may not notice it .

Wheels look great , looking forward with update of them fitted :thumbs:

Evening all.
New wheels now fitted and I am happy. Thanks to everyone for contributing to my thread last weekend about the clearance gap between wheel and caliper on the fronts. On the end I went with 3mm spacers on the front wheels (which now gives me a 5mm gap between wheel and caliper) and some 6mm spacers I previously had on the front now fitted to the rear.
I think the wheels are right on the edge in terms of stance but it is growing on me. All round, I am very happy with this latest mod.
I have also painted the wheel bolts black to match - used some black hammerite satin finish - may not last but seems ok so far!

The new look:
IMG_20160501_161229957_zpsrrskurgw.jpg

Wheels up close:
IMG_20160501_161010860_HDR_zps1dz9b9wu.jpg

The stance front:
IMG_20160501_161304355_zpsvi2ijht9.jpg

The stance rear:
IMG_20160501_161316986_zpspdwjv0si.jpg

Quite like this view:
IMG_20160501_161427022_zps9qrkmqdu.jpg

The wheels were from here:
http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/raeder/index.php?id=21

I bought them from an eBay seller in Germany (new). All very straightforward.
Cost about £1,250 including the shipping.
Centre caps were from design911 - another £50.

Coming on quite nicely....
:thumbs:

Looking great! Go really well with the ducktail too :thumb:

Big fan of the car so far!

Were you ever on Mx5Nutz? I came from a Mx too - quite a different car

Jay. said:
Big fan of the car so far!

Were you ever on Mx5Nutz? I came from a Mx too - quite a different car

Thanks. I wasn't no. I only has the MX5 about a year - it was like a gateway drug to boxster ownership for me! Thoroughly enjoyed it though.

Looks great, you should be very pleased with yourself! :thumb:

Enjoy :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back