Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

lee's 996 C4 project thread

C11BRA said:
Nice thread Lee

I get it!

Purists look away (front bumper)

I had this front end on my C2 996.1 and loved it (the old one was cracked). Got loads of positive comments from Jo Public. I wouldn't worry what purists think. If they were that concerned about their pride and joy they wouldn't take them out the garage. You pays your money tyou takes your choice.

996lee said:
another small update

always thought the wheels looked a bit lost in the arches so purchased some 15mm spacers

Hi Lee. I've got the same make spacers but 20mm on my C4S. They do look better but a word of advice. Keep your ears open for premature bearing wear and possible tyre rubbing. I've got coil overs, so set mine pretty low but not too low to avoid rubbing. I was running 325/25 x 20 on the rears but now got 295/25 x 20. I'm after some 305/25 x 20 as I think they will be spot on.

Thanks for the comments guys :thumb:

Next up when I get time

Low temperature thermostat
And a rss under drive pulley 8)

Managed to get my new rss under drive pulley fitted today

And also my lower temp thermostat

Still getting the air out the system as there is roughly a litre of coolant that it doesn't seem to want back at the moment lol
But I shall take it for a good blast later n see what the bum dyno says

The underdrive pulley has been measured on dynos a few times and makes around 6-8bhp difference.

RSS engine mounts :thumbs: love them

Please keep us posted on your findings on the pulley. Spent about an hour reading up on various forums , reviews seem really positive.
Esp for "just" £300

Thanks guys :thumb:
The under drive pulley definitely makes a noticeable difference and worth every penny 8)

temp wise with the LTT I was thinking it seemed too cold if anything these pics were after about a half hour of driving

996lee said:
Thanks guys :thumb:
The under drive pulley definitely makes a noticeable difference and worth every penny 8)

temp wise with the LTT I was thinking it seemed too cold if anything these pics were after about a half hour of driving

Hi Lee,

Firstly great card and really interesting thread!

I have had my 996.1 C4 for about 3 months. It has the low temp thermostat fitted but I was interested to know what temp yours ran at prior to fitting it? Mine runs @80 degrees like yours but it did creep up yesterday to @90 in traffic.

The spacers make the difference! :thumb:

Your pictures show the water temperature

I have the LTT on my 997. The water temp also shows 80c. Been driving it a year and never seen it anything other than that , both pre and post fitting the LTT

My oil temperature gauge definitely reads lower , post LTT fitting

Read that somewhere on here

:?:

Ah I see unfortunately I don't have the oil temp gauge so can't comment on that
But mine certainly ran a little hotter water temp wise before hand
If I remember correctly the needle used to sit mid way of the 0 on the 80
Pulley wise I wouldn't of expected to feel 6-8 hp but can certainly can so happy with that :thumb:

Does the pulley make that much noticeable difference , its on my list to do , do you feel power gain or just spinning up quicker, top work :thumbs:

After seeing the results a fellow owner had with his led side lights I decided to follow suit

So before orange glow

And after

Lots of different bulbs out there but found one that didnt have LEDs on the sides as I fancied more of a spotlight effect
So went with these (standard bulb on left for comparison )

All in all less than a tenner well spent

Recently got stuck in a Friday traffic jam and noticed the temp needle getting a lot higher than normal
So after doing some investigation work realised only one of the fans was working
Luckily before shelling out for new fans from porsche read a few threads on here and sure enough Alex yates had the same thing and found out the resistor due to the stupid position they are and being 16 years old are often the cause and a suggested replacement was only £5 so went ahead and replaced both which was just a small soldering job

Old ones

And new shiny ones fitted

And that worked a treat and both fans are now working nicely again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back