Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Porsche Bolton made to pay, about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter which solicitor the plaintiff used. Not a jot.
If you are considering taking a big global corporation to court, and even if you are awarded in your favour, the shows not o er till the fat lady has sung her song?

Meaning?

Ask yourself what the counter response from the defendant might be and whether you have the financial stamina to pursue it.

I'd say in this particular case, the plaintiff had zero chance of seeing a penny of the award. If you want to fi D out why, adj a good solicitor versed in taking a large corporation to court and the chances of realizing what is awarded in your favour in round 1 of the proceedings.

This case was not against a 'global corporation' rather one man suing his local (franchised) Porsche dealer?

Stratstone is part of Pendragon. OPC Bolton is part of a network of Porsche GB. They are dragged into it whichever way you look at it. The defendant would have had to liaise closely with PGB.

Stratstone is a bigger punter than the plaintiff. They can sink money into it with an army of full-time solicitors that a meagre plaintiff cannot. That is a FACT.

You are entitled to your view. I am entitled to mine. :floor:

cheshire911 said:
Stratstone is part of Pendragon. OPC Bolton is part of a network of Porsche GB. They are dragged into it whichever way you look at it. The defendant would have had to liaise closely with PGB.

Stratstone is a bigger punter than the plaintiff. They can sink money into it with an army of full-time solicitors that a meagre plaintiff cannot. That is a FACT.

You are entitled to your view. I am entitled to mine. :floor:

Where do you stand on 'contempt of court' if (as you suggest) they will not receive any of the court award?

I find Bolton Porsche very good.

The parts dept are swift and polite

I would buy a 911 from them - no problem

Maybe what happened was sharp practise and :judge: agreed

Hobbyhorse off
:bandit:

Do you think the salesman is still working there :dont know: Last time I drove past there was a chap picking fag dimps up off the car park :what:

Looking at it, my understanding is you place an EoI to purchase a car with a deposit as commitment. If we exclude what the salesman said/wrote how does an EoI determine who gets the first car :?: There must be some 'selection' process.

I was looking at dropping a bag into a deposit for a Tesla 3 and whilst I only scanned the terms I didn't think it wasn't binding :?: Having said that I've missed that boat given the amount of deposits placed although release could affect BMW hybrid prices down the line :grin:

I don't know what goes on at Bolton. We drove up there during a week thinking it would be quiet to have a look at buying a ex demo 991.1 for sale. We introduced ourselves at reception and she rang to the sales upstairs as we wandered over to the RH side of the showroom. After some time loitering around the car we went back to reception to ask is someone coming to talk to us? With a shocked look she said, hasn't anyone been down to see you, I'm very sorry I'll ring again. So we wandered to the viewing area of the workshop, sat and had a drink, still nobody came. After we finished drinking up I said come on let's go. Walking past the reception again the receptionist asked is everything ok, are you being seen to now? To which I replied, do you think I'd be walking out if one of those lazy sods had taken the time to see me, they must be so busy (sarcastically) looking around at the empty premises 3/4hr later. I'll get someone now she said (3rd time). Don't bother, I replied.

That's my one and only experience of Bolton.

MNC911 said:
I don't know what goes on at Bolton. We drove up there during a week thinking it would be quiet to have a look at buying a ex demo 991.1 for sale. We introduced ourselves at reception and she rang to the sales upstairs as we wandered over to the RH side of the showroom. After some time loitering around the car we went back to reception to ask is someone coming to talk to us? With a shocked look she said, hasn't anyone been down to see you, I'm very sorry I'll ring again. So we wandered to the viewing area of the workshop, sat and had a drink, still nobody came. After we finished drinking up I said come on let's go. Walking past the reception again the receptionist asked is everything ok, are you being seen to now? To which I replied, do you think I'd be walking out if one of those lazy sods had taken the time to see me, they must be so busy (sarcastically) looking around at the empty premises 3/4hr later. I'll get someone now she said (3rd time). Don't bother, I replied.

That's my one and only experience of Bolton.

Go to Kendall. Or Silverstone. Both will impress you.

MNC911 said:
I don't know what goes on at Bolton.

:what: I'm going on Friday morning with a chum who wants to tyre kick a Panamera. :grin:

I've only been there once with my Boxster. When I bought it I had some errors I found and the dealer I bought it from asked me to take it there. I found their service to be very good. They are Stratstone also like Wilmslow and I've had excellent service there also.

Kendal fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back